Saturday, October 29, 2011

What My Month Has Looked Like

I decided at some point this summer that this is a freedom year. That I can do more because Madi can do more so I can help/volunteer. I. Can. Do. It. All.

Am I serious? Apparently, because I am doing a lot. And, I'm still adjusting to this crazy schedule of volunteering, working and shuffling kids to and fro activities.

I am not alone in this crazy volunteering schedule, there is my sweet adored Husband. Who coaches all 4 of our kids practically year around and this year will be helping out with our school play because he is amazing.

Okay, so here is the longest post ever...not heavy in pictures because apparently the only thing I can remember when I leave is my a) my coffee (very important) b) the kids (also important) c) my car keys. I've been forgetting my purse with my handful of papers, juice cups, water bottles and snacks...I'm lucky my head isn't detachable.




This is a Thursday Morning...I had a volunteer classroom coordinator meeting and had Jillian with us for a play date (double booked = yes) and our soccer buddy, Gillian was there so we set up the iPad (thank YOU, Isa for letting me borrow it). They watched a movie while I "meeted". And, thanks to Madi for remembering that Isa's handy dandy case also is a stand.






Twirling the pole as we head into the family room to make copies...lots and lots of copies.




This season is soccer season. DUH. And, we had games galore and had some fans. One of which was the W3. Baby Isaiah is adorable and cuddly - we were so happy we got to spend the day with them. Denny and Kelli were great soccer fans going from game to game with us. They couldn't believe that Daddy had one of his own after coaching all day. I got my baby fix that day. I am in love with Baby Isaiah.



He was such a good baby. He didn't fuss once going in and out of the car or standing in the cold wind. He was perfect.




Madi's soccer season came to an end. For the little kids, I always do an easy pizza party with their banquet room. It's easy and 50% off pizza for the families + a free room. I do trophies in the fall but not for spring. It is always good fun and we get to have family and friends with us which is even better. The girls are so excited they get pizza TWICE in 2 weeks because Madi has one then Dev's is tomorrow.



The P4 girls, Livi and SoSo came with us since the party was after the girls' soccer make up game. They hung out and ate dinner with us. They were so happy for Madi! They came to her games a few times. Madi loves an audience!



Meimee, Isa and SoSo hangin' out :)





Josh and Dev (Josh is on Dev's team and Josh's brother, Zach is on Madi's team). That happens so often with our kids. We have made so many friends through soccer and they have become like family a lot of the time.




Madi dressed up for the occasion. She was so excited! She loved sitting with her soccer buddies waiting for her trophy.






Daddy giving her trophy to her! Makes me tear up everytime he gives trophies to our kids, every time.





Who gave them Halloween lollipops with their trophies after dinner right before bed? Oops. That'd be ME! What a great season! Madi loved soccer this season, we are SO proud of her!




Half Day Week - you would think that means, half day of school half day to relax...NOT. It means play dates and birthday celebrations, practicing for the Thespian Festival with my big girl, 2 reports + 2 sinus infections. I was exhausted by Wednesday night after the big girls performed their song after soccer practice (literally).



Dev's friend, Ian turned 6. His Mom, Dana and I decided to hit up Trophy Cupcakes to fill our craving and the kids wanted Menchies. I ♥ Menchies!





Zo and Nana don't play soccer together anymore (at least this season) so they were happy to have a play date and catch up. They've been buds since Co-Op days.




It was my turn to practice with the girls. We did basically no singing practice. We ate fro yo. We wandered U Village stores like Fireworks and make up stores like MAC insteadn of practicing our singing. After a FULL weekend (Friday-Sunday) of playing soccer + reports my big girl could've used a day of fun and nothing so I'm so glad she enjoyed herself with her besties.




They somehow duped me into spending my gift card on them to curb their decaf cravings?! They felt like big girls and were so happy giggling in the corner talking about whatever it is that almost 12 year olds talk about while I drink water (I was coffee-ed out, shocking - I know) with Madi and color.






I wonder if my coffee dates look this fun! I hope they had fun because I sure did. It was nice to hear Isa laughing and having the best time with her friends.



See? They did really well practicing at my house but show time came and they were so nervous + having the giggles after practice doesn't help! They did great at the festival and I am so proud of them! It takes guts to sing in front of your peers. I think it's much harder than performing in front of strangers.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

You ARE way too busy for me ;) I remember hanging out with all my girlfriends like that. Now we gripe about our crushes instead of gush about them ;)