Monday, October 3, 2011

Pumpkin Farm


Part of our homeschool preschool adventures is learning about seasons and how they change.  Fall is perfect for that.  Madi has been on a pumpkin hit.  I've probably bought a few tiny ones so she can decorate them. 

I decide that we needed a pumpkin adventure with a corn maze and all kinds of fun stuff.  So, we headed off to the Carleton Farm to enjoy their farm. 

The farm was small but the hit was the corn maze.  It was pretty cool. They had a decode puzzle with a catch phrase to solve.  We solved the "fly the coop" phrase and hunted for a pumpkin. 

Found our G Pumpkin and ate a bit then played in the kid barn and the kid maze before heading home. 

You will never guess what I forgot...the camera.  The pure joy on Madis face in the zip line was priceless.  Daddy, Isa and I watched her giggling for the longest.  It was so adorable.  The kids slid down the slide or as Daddy called it the shock tube for the longest.  We saw dark clouds roll in and headed out just in time.  We missed the crazy down pour. 

We had a great and much needed family time with just us.  It was the perfect memory for our kids.  We came home and decorated for Halloween.  The kids are so excited!

No comments: