Play School doesn't equal Preschool but it equals social time for Madi. We are mashing up a few activities so we can create a preschool environment and do the learning at home that fits Madi's needs.
I never got that degree in early childhood education but I'm thinking...I might have earned one. HA! 4 kids = a degree? Sure, why not!
Madi is the last of the G6ers to go through this preschool stage. I don't have a baby/toddler tagging along with me so this is a new experience for me. Especially because she keeps asking if I'm just going to drop her off. I'm not ready yet, can you tell?
This homeschool + preschool mash up works well with our family and ultimately works well for her budding charismatic personality.
Our main goal is for Madi to learn to build friendships and relationships on our her own. The academics aren't as important to us. That will come. We can learn letters and numbers at home. That's no problem. Social skills are more important to us at this age. Learning how to build personal relationships is something you can't learn at home.
Our main goal is for Madi to learn to build friendships and relationships on our her own. The academics aren't as important to us. That will come. We can learn letters and numbers at home. That's no problem. Social skills are more important to us at this age. Learning how to build personal relationships is something you can't learn at home.
Jillian from ballet class last year is with Madi. Her Mom, Amber told me that they were going to go and we both thought it was fun if the two August birthday girls could hang together.
In front of Play School outside.
We planned on Daddy taking her and me taking the kids to school so I could talk to some teachers and get some stuff done at school. Daddy didn't want to leave her. He said she was a bit shy and clingy but I called him with an emergency...I had a flat tire backing out of our garage on our way to school.
Not the original plan so he had to leave her...not really wanting to leave her. I felt so bad but I had 3 kids anxiously waiting to go to school and worried they were going to be late. AND, flat tires are unexcused. Can you believe that?
We are so grateful she had her good friend, Jillian there and Daddy was able to leave. He came to our rescue and our flat turned out to be a valve issue and no air. Whew!
We dropped the van off to be checked out and picked up Madi down the street. Her and Jillian were very comfortable at play school. I'm so glad they had great time together at play school!
We dropped the van off to be checked out and picked up Madi down the street. Her and Jillian were very comfortable at play school. I'm so glad they had great time together at play school!
1 comment:
Awww....... Too bad about your tire, but you all got to spend some time together. Looks like Madi had tons of fun!
Post a Comment