Thursday, August 4, 2011

An American Girl Dream Birthday!

Even at 4 years old...she sneaks in our bed at 5am making it impossible for me to go back to sleep with her love kicks to my back. ::sigh:: Instead of booting her out, I let her sleep and snuggle Daddy while I got up and got ready for her day.



Wake up to presents and snuggles from the parents!







The girls came in ready for Madi's special day.





We announced to her that she would get to go to the American Girl Doll store with Mommy. The kids went to the C6's house while I spend some special time with Madi getting her doll and getting her hair did. She was so excited!






She picked G1926 who is a replica of herself. She named her Michelle. Michelle G. has entered our family.




She wanted a picture with the American Girl Doll of the year, Kanani.








SO HAPPY!





When we walked in the store, we noticed there was a Bistro. When I went previously to price this out sans kids it was closed and I didn't even notice it. BUT, Madi did. She noticed all the girls eating lunch with their dolls. I asked if they had availablity. Their reply "we are booked until August 15th." Say what? Madi said "it's my birthday!" He took one look and said "okay, come back after her hair appointment and we'll see what we can do."




Pleasantly surprised. That's exactly what we did.



Fancy and all girl is what this experience is about at The American Girl Bistro.







He asked how many dolls will be joining you so he can get their specially made chairs at the table. Just one, sir.






I loved this light fixture, do you think I can get one for our play room?






If you don't have a doll, one can be provided for you. Genius.






Pink table, pink flowers, pink chairs...the real question is what's not pink.






Pink lemonade for the Birthday Girl.




Macaroni lots of cheese + a fruit kabob.




Mommy's herbed linguine with roasted tomatoes and goat cheese.






They have a box of questions for a conversation starter. Madi and I talked lots.





They surprised me and sang Happy Birthday to her! The whole Bistro sang and she felt so special! She had the most amazing day. I have a new respect for Grandpa Eddie and his one on one's adventures with each of the kids because it was a lot for me. She was talkative, fun and had her wants. Usually our one on ones with our kids are a couple hours this was an all day affair of making birthday dreams come true. I loved seeing her so excited for every minute of her day.












We came back to the C6's house where they gave her their very special present. Very special.

3 comments:

Camie said...

I want to celebrate my birthday like that! That is great that you were able to spend the day with her. Happy Birthday Madi! We love you!

Nikki said...

I was a huge American Girl fan growing up. I still like to read the books from time to time. She looks like she's in heaven. Love her new haircut too!

chefamily said...

Thanks for letting us celebrate with her on her special day! I love the video of her opening her gift! It doesn't get much cuter than her!