Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Time = Swimming Lessons

Yes, I am that crazy mom hanging out at the outdoor in Seattle where the sun hides all the time.

Yep, that's me.

I love this pool. I have been going here for years and love that it's tucked away in Seattle. I love seeing our summer friends but most of all the instructors are top notch. I have seen results every time and am pleased with the way they are with my kids.





She is a challenge. Teacher Jasmine is the most amazing instructor. She whips her into shape and listens to my judgement. When, Madi first gets in - she's freezing and refuses to go under. I tell Jasmine "dunk her" and she does. 5 seconds later Madi's smiling and happy. The girl hates the unknown (she loves control and doing things on her terms) so I like to bring her back to earth and make her realize...it's not so bad. And, we run this not her.





The boy has made some serious progress and is giving 100%. I am so proud of him. Such a difference from when he was 4 years old! He has gotten over his fear of dunking his head and water in his eyes. Teacher Devan is great with him and he's learning TONS! YAY!







She is a super star. I have to push her. I have always had to push her. She said "you're ruining my summer!" Sorry, Nana I'm ruining your summer by teaching you LIFE skills. But, now she loves it and is so happy. She always takes a little bit longer to warm up to an idea but once she embraces it she's always successful. She is doing so well, she skipped a level and Teacher Jasmine is pushing her like I've advised. Go, Nana!





Isa has come full circle too. 2 years ago she kind of stagnated into Level III so I bumped her to Level IV and it's the best thing I could've ever done. She is doing great and will be joining swim team shortly!






Nana





















_________________________________________









Isa












___________________________________________









Dev












_______________________________________









Madi








2 comments:

chefamily said...

Wow! I am seriously impressed! Isa looked amazing and I can't believe Nana was able to go such a distance! Great job G6 kiddies!

Nikki said...

Swim team next?