The cat is out of the bag...my age. Seems to always be a topic of conversation every where we go. So, there you go. I'm the ripeful age of 30. I had wanted to do some notorious post of achievements before I turn 30. Like: ice skate (again - I had a tramatic experience and I haven't gone since I was 10), hike Big Si (I will conquer it without a crazy allergy attack), sign up/do for a marathon (that's been on my life list since I turned 20), etc.
Then, Denise suggested "why don't you do a list of things you'll do in your 20s?" and then Sarah laughed and said "this sounds EXACTLY like our New Year's Resolutions we'd do every year and forget about when we were in highschool!" She's so right but somehow it seems different. I have a family. I've graduated. I strive to improve and enrich my family's life every day and in that I want to show what it means to set goals, achieve them and be the best "them" they can be.
I've waited for this birthday since the day I became a young mom. I knew what I wanted in life. I wasn't sure how I was going to get there but I knew what I wanted. Being pregnant with my Mom (yes, my Mom and I were pregnant at the same time - yes, just like Father of the Bride II) made me push myself and hold myself to a maternal standard. I have the most supportive, loving husband to make this engine of a family go. Together we've achieved exactly what we've always wanted for ourselves. I'm ever so grateful for our life.
Then, Denise suggested "why don't you do a list of things you'll do in your 20s?" and then Sarah laughed and said "this sounds EXACTLY like our New Year's Resolutions we'd do every year and forget about when we were in highschool!" She's so right but somehow it seems different. I have a family. I've graduated. I strive to improve and enrich my family's life every day and in that I want to show what it means to set goals, achieve them and be the best "them" they can be.
I've waited for this birthday since the day I became a young mom. I knew what I wanted in life. I wasn't sure how I was going to get there but I knew what I wanted. Being pregnant with my Mom (yes, my Mom and I were pregnant at the same time - yes, just like Father of the Bride II) made me push myself and hold myself to a maternal standard. I have the most supportive, loving husband to make this engine of a family go. Together we've achieved exactly what we've always wanted for ourselves. I'm ever so grateful for our life.
Okay, so Nikki did a blog on must-haves/must-dos so it's my spin on that.
You must purchase this. A Kitchen Aid is exactly what my baking soul needed.
Must make these. I'm not even kidding. What are you waiting for? You've seen them like a bizillion times on my blog? Make. Them. Don't give me your "gluten free" - "sugar free" excuses. Live already.

Must be inspired.
via homefries.com
Joy the Baker is seriously one of my favorite people to listen, read and bake to/with - I listen to her podcasts. The podcast is essentially a mash up of life. I love to hear of their kitchen FAILS, their favorite ingredients and flavors and where they shop to find the best food products our there. Listen, you won't be disappointed.
Homefries makes me happy and feel inspired. I am not a diet person. Okay, here goes my rant: I have made a permanent life change for myself 6 years ago - making it my mission to eat naturally and organically. I've educated myself and made a promise to my family to live a healthier life style. That is all. I'm not in to diets. Not. For. Me. Could I do with a little less cupcakes and doughnuts? Sure. Moderation is the key and living healthy for me...okay, that was me trying to rap. Nevermind...
I'm into inspiring food explorations in educating my children on how to leave a healthy life style. They know fruitsnacks and chips are treats not food groups. As long as we (meaning my family...not if you're the Simpsons) adapt our eating into our beliefs we will never go wrong.

via Barnes and Noble.com
I love this thing. My body was going through a period that made it impossible for me to enjoy the luxury of reading. It would make me loopy and sea sick. Now, I am slowly starting to feel like me again and that means reading my heart out. JOY!

TOMS.
Must wear.
via Toms.com
Ya'll are like "why on earth do people like these weird looking shoes?" Um, because hello! They are the most comfortable things EVER. I love my red ones not pictured here. Love them. It's like wearing ruby red slippers...now if I can only click my heels 3x in order to get home I'd love them more.

via my cell phone from Whole Foods
Must Drink.
I seriously had a severe battle with this. I've tried every Kombucha out there and have made it myself. The stuff is sick-nasty. Or so I used to think. The benefits MOST DEFINITELY out weigh the sick-nasty but none the less it's sick-nasty so therefore it became my personal mission to figure out how to love it.
From Wikipedia: Proponents commonly claim kombucha aids cancer recovery, increases energy, sharpens eyesight, aids joint recovery, improves skin elasticity, aids digestion, and improves experience with foods that 'stick' going down such as rice or pasta.
Just sayin'...drink it!
Must ENJOY.Life is not worth living unless you're indulging every now and again (and again). Have a latte. Have a cupcake. Enjoy your friends and share them with your kids. They will love you forever. I've never given a cupcake to a person who didn't smile. I recommend doing it then eating one yourself. You know you want to.

Must wear this.
via lululemon
Um...I'm in love with this brand. Talk about comfort. I want to be buried in this sweatshirt. I love it.
2 comments:
I hope you bought yourself that lululemon jacket. Adorable!
Happy 30th! Love your must have, and I must get me some Toms!
I love this post! I am excited to listen to some podcasts on homefries!
I still think you should make a 30's "bucket list". (:
One thing that you have taught me through our friendship is that it's okay to indulge in yumminess once in awhile. I love you for that!
Post a Comment