I hear my Father in Law now..."you gonna celebrate for a whole month?" He knows me too well. Sorry, Eddie - you will be hearing tons about food and celebrations for the next...couple weeks at least!
Well...this birthday is a big one for me for lots of reasons. I will sort of share them along the birthday journey but for now let's say my birthday goal is to eat and celebrate. A theme if you will.
For some reason, I thought we were celebrating next Friday, she thought we were celebrating this Friday...and it was brilliant after a long week of soccer and catching up I loved the idea of neglecting household duties and do some pampering!
Sarah and I have been friends since the ripeful age of 9. Forever. Today, she treated me to a (pre) celebration. It would be rude to decline...so I rescheduled my doctor appointment and scrambled for a sitter. Well, worth it.
For some reason, I thought we were celebrating next Friday, she thought we were celebrating this Friday...and it was brilliant after a long week of soccer and catching up I loved the idea of neglecting household duties and do some pampering!
Sarah and I have been friends since the ripeful age of 9. Forever. Today, she treated me to a (pre) celebration. It would be rude to decline...so I rescheduled my doctor appointment and scrambled for a sitter. Well, worth it.

You're reading this correctly. We went to inSpa. I haven't been here since my 22nd birthday for a massage. Long overdue. Sarah and I had facials with an hour to wonder University Village on our own and get some "me" time. Thanks, Sarah! I feel so rejuvenated.
I enjoyed a cup of Harmony Chai with soy. Delicious.
1/2 of Sarah's breakfast...she had a french toast that I forgot to take a picture of (hunger will do that to me) after she went to the topping bar. Challah french toast, mind you. The only way to have french toast in my opinion.
I had the migas with chorizo. Totally not my normal thing to order but OH SO yummy! We had the best time chatting and giggling over memories sans kids. THAT was bizarre not that we didn't talk about them the WHOLE time but hey, what else do moms do?
2 comments:
Yum! Happy pre-birthday. That sounds like the perfect gift!
What a treat! Happy almost birthday!
Post a Comment