Monday, March 14, 2011

Breakfast and Batman!

We decided to have a low key party because Dev's birthday last year was a BIG one. So...we decided low key. We limited the party to only close/best friends and that was it. It started out to be 5 then it became 6, 7...then I closed out the list. He could've gone forever adding more friends.

We did a 10am birthday so by 12pm everyone was gone and we still had most of a Saturday. It was nice! We had plans for a Batman Scavenger Hunt but we ended up doing Trick Flyers and Bat-Planes + a lot of Batman Lego Wii.


Grandma Kim made Dev's Batman cake.



Batman folders that were supposed to originally keep the Batman Map for the scavenger hunt with paper Batman masks. BUT, they were filled with black construction paper to make paper (Batman) planes.


What's Breakfast without Frost Doughnuts? Maple Bacon, Cherry Bismark, Salted Caramel...have you had a Frost doughnut before? GO, well worth it.



Pay told her Dev that Uncle Dao was going to be Joker...so he had to deliver! The boys thought it was funny! Madi wanted Uncle Dao to take off his make up. Hahaha! Dev thought it was awesome!



Cousins! Pay and Livi. Dev and Pay share a cousin, Livi and they stuck together. They watched the boys play Batman Lego on the Wii.


Birthday Boy!



Daddy and Uncle Dao helped the boys build their planes. The boys had a ton of fun and it was the just right amount of boys and the just right amount of time.
Thank you to all of our close friends for hanging with Dev on his special (almost) 6th Birthday!




Everyone always teases me because I am thrifty or frugal but I would like to think thrifty is a better way to describe me. SO, I bought these candles from Whole Foods because I got Dev's first birthday cake ever there and in attempt to not run to another store I bought them there. They were kinda pricey so I swore I would use them over and over. And, I did for 5 years. After Isa's birthday when almost all of them were faded nubs I threw them out to get new ones. Except I forgot to get new ones. SO...we used the candle we had burning. Improvisation is what parenting is all about, right?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy Birthday!! Can't believe he is 6!! Looks like a fun boy party!

chefamily said...

OMG! I can't believe you posted the creepy pic of my husband. That will give your blog readers nightmares!
It was such a fun party. Pay and Emma didn't want to leave!

P.S. Dev didn't even bat an eyelash about the mondo candle! haha