Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Spirit Week!!

Question, why does Spirit Week have to be in December during the busiest times of year? Just curious because it's making me a lame documentor. And that irritates me. Urgh.

Monday: Pajama Day
Tuesday: Twin Day (I'm anti-twin day...it kinda breeds "clique-ing" but...what do I know?)
Wednesday: Formal Day
Thursday: Dress Up Like Your Teacher (or a teacher) Day
Friday: Dress Up As A Superhero Day


Cute is what this is. Dev and his buddy, Kaden - matching Batman T-shirts.

I ran around all morning looking for Isa and her friend, Kaylin and then I wandered the halls looking for Nana and her friend, Mia (who ended up NOT dressing as her twin)...so sad for Nana! That makes me a bitter Twin Day Momma. I hated seeing her so sad that her twin didn't dress as she said she would.

I didn't even know until I picked her up yesterday on our way to see Yogi Bear. I told her she looked cute and I was naturally her twin anyway. :)



The mornings I help in their classes I always walk around and give each of my kiddies hugs and kisses + wish them a great day. I came by and as soon as she saw my camera she attacked me! "Mommy! What are you doing?" As soon as I put the camera down she was putty in my hands and wanted all the squeezes I could give her.

I will try to document the rest Spirit Week but...no promises. Dev has Gingerbread House making tomorrow and Nana has her Beach Party on Friday.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Sad! I hate when kids are disappointed. Glad she handled it well. She's a tough kid.

chefamily said...

I still feel bad about twin day. Nana is such a good sport, and you are such a good Mama for talking it through with her.