Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Friday Night Date with Nana!

I love my dates with Nana...she loves to eat and we speak the same language of food. We enjoy food but most importantly WE LOVE THAI FOOD. This date was not lacking food...just the opposite.

I dropped off the 2 little kids (Dev and Madi) with Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade for the weekend and Isa was at a sleepover so it was the 2 of us. Daddy had to work late but originally he was going to come with us.

We drove down south to drop off the little kids so we decided to stop at our favorite Thai place. Camie + lil' Tyler (Dev's buddy) came along with us. Camie and I have been going to Simply Thai since before she had kids. Any chance I'm down there and have the time, I love to eat here and usually it's with Camie!


Crab Fried Wontons. YUM.



Phad Thai with Prawns.


Thai Iced Tea.


Nana had a whole plate of Beef Phad See-Ew to herself. Lil' Tyler helped a teensy bit but man, the girl can EAT!



Red Curry with Chicken (my comfort food!).




Nana's Beef Phad See-Ew, she wanted a better shot of her delicious food.

Then, we (Camie, lil' Tyler, me and Nana) headed over to Westfield (it'll always be Southcenter to me) and ate a Crepe from Unicone and had a latte. I have no idea where we found room to stuff that crepe BUT we did and it was gooooooooooood. I didn't take pictures because I was EATING it and honestly didn't know if I wanted to confess that I ate so much. Hahahah!
We left Camie and did a lil' shopping at H&M (Nana ♥s accessories!) and Claire's. Then, headed to celebrate my nephew - Jun's 8th birthday at none other than Red Robin (YUMMM!).



Birfffday Boy.



Aunty, I hate your camera.




Then, I let him take pictures. He had so much fun snapping away and looking at the funny faces of surprised family members.



Me, being an Aunt. Don't all aunts have goofy faces?! No? Okay, it's just me. I love to smoother him and tell him how I'm his favorite Aunt ever (he only has 3 to choose from). Oh, that's not normal behavior either? Aw, well I'm still learning.


What's a birthday without a Red Robin sundae?


We visited Daddy at work then headed home for a movie together. We watched Happily Never After (thanks for lending it to us, C6!). Nana's a funny kid. I love any time I spend with my kiddos individually and she was no exception. We had some great talks and giggles.
Love you, Nana Banana!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Yum! Looks like an awesome date. I'll take anything with coconut milk and curry in it!

Go.Be.Love said...

Yum! Do you ever get the swimming rama? Super good and I've got a great recipe =-)

chefamily said...

That food looks so delish! Spending one on one time with the kids is so rare wonderful.
I can't believe how old Jun is?!