I figured out why my Blogaway wasn't working on my phone - my Nook application had a bizillion books downloading therefore crowding necessary space, blah - blah - it was just...frustrating. I would type a whole blog then...::poof:: it was gone. I know you know (especially you bloggers) how that is. Waiting to Upload/Publish...then FAIL. What's the point of "in the moment" blogging if I can't use it correctly?!
Frustrating.
So, here it is forgive the scatteredness of this post...I was much more enthusiastic the first 3 times I typed it all out. :)
Frustrating.
So, here it is forgive the scatteredness of this post...I was much more enthusiastic the first 3 times I typed it all out. :)
Here's our Hand-Me-Down/Easy Dinner/Conversating Madi Blog Post - Enjoy!
It's always always always like Christmas around here when hand-me-downs get passed down. Thankfully, no one has ever complained they are all super excited to take on the other sibling's "junk" that becomes their "treasure".
Exhibit A: Madi and Nana's preschool backpack. Grandpa Eddie got this for Nana for Christmas when she was in preschool. Madi was happy to take it on as that would mean the Diva didn't have to carry her lunch box when she came to help me work in the classrooms.
Smart girl who never wants to over extend herself aka wants some one else to hold/do it for her. But, the backpack does cover like 80% of her body though but like my dad always says "they'll grow into it!"
The icing on the cake? The snazzy Tinkerbell buttons! BONUS!
It's always always always like Christmas around here when hand-me-downs get passed down. Thankfully, no one has ever complained they are all super excited to take on the other sibling's "junk" that becomes their "treasure".
Exhibit A: Madi and Nana's preschool backpack. Grandpa Eddie got this for Nana for Christmas when she was in preschool. Madi was happy to take it on as that would mean the Diva didn't have to carry her lunch box when she came to help me work in the classrooms.
Smart girl who never wants to over extend herself aka wants some one else to hold/do it for her. But, the backpack does cover like 80% of her body though but like my dad always says "they'll grow into it!"
The icing on the cake? The snazzy Tinkerbell buttons! BONUS!
The last week after a super long day and had no desire to cook I asked my Husband if he'd cook. He gladly takes that role anytime I ask but then...I found Potato Soup in my cabinet given to us by a friend (thanks, Mari!). It was a package of Tastefully Simple things that Mari sent me a few months back to so I would always have a jump start...well, the potato soup was staring at me so I threw it in the pot. I fried some bacon, made a salad and we had make your own salad ala Gibson Cobb Salad and Potato Soup! By the time he entered dinner was done!
I'm super grateful for that surprise Tastefully Simple package every time I am feeling like dinner is Mission Impossible. Thanks, Mari!
The babbling Madi. The girl went from limited words. I mean, it was literally "Eh!" "Momma, Eh!" to...names, words (like 8 new words a day) and this week full sentences. She looked at us the other day and said "Iohknow" (I don't know). I met with a speech therapist at a local community college, visited the Early Learning Center, talk to her pediatrician...they all said the same thing.
She understands fully.
She can clearly express what she feels.
She will talk when she's ready...
I believed all of that up until her 3rd birthday it was getting a bit worrisome. But now, HOLY COW the girl just yaps all day. We have the best conversations and giggle every time. It's like the words just sat on her tongue and only now is she willing to exercise it.
One word...D to the IVA!
3 comments:
HEY STRANGER!!! How are you??? This is Shey! ;) I am organizing a conference - hence the name I'm commenting under. :)
Your kiddos are cute as ever!!
xo!
www.shealynnbenner.com
I'm sure all the other kids were willing to talk for her. It's tough being the youngest I'm sure.
Can't wait for more conversations with Madi. This is the best age!
She blows us all away every time she speaks now! My kids are especially impressed and talk all day about what Madi says. :)
Post a Comment