Friday, October 1, 2010

Jog-a-Thon!

I love fundraisers where it's 100% profit. No over priced cookie dough. No over priced wrapping paper. I don't have to stalk folks for not only payment but delivery of product. This Jog-a-Thon is designed to promote fitness and to encourage family/friends to support their efforts in donations. Pure profit for their school. Win. Win.

I volunteered to count laps for the kids. Shocker, right? I wanted to count for the Kindergarten or Primary (where Nana is) - where ever I was needed most and for Intermediate (where Isa is) in the afternoon. Basically, the kids run the track and I count their laps. Madi and I were there from 9:00am (as I check in HW for Isa's class on Fridays) to 11am then back in the afternoon from 1:45pm-3:00pm Counting laps sounds easy, right? Not. Actually, Kindergarten was easy - lots of volunteers = me only having to count for 3 kids. Isa's class I had to keep track of 11 kids. I was cross eyed.

This is the first year I could do it all. I didn't have a little baby to run home for nap time. Just a cranky 3 year old who needed to eat lunch and replenish her snacks. But considering, she did amazingly. She was packed up with snacks/treats and her Zhu Zhu pets. We went home to rest a bit before heading back out for more Jog counting.


She didn't want to look at me. She was having a Diva moment (when is she not?).


Kaden H., Kaden P. and Mister Dev were lap partners. He loves the Kadens!
My son ran 3 miles. 3 miles. 3 miles. Then said "yes, Grandpa Eddie is paying me lots of money for my laps!" Hahahah!


Nana ran 3 miles too. She beat what she did last year which was 2.5 miles. She loves to run!




The Intermediate and the Middle School have a friendly competition "who has the most spirit?" Last year, one class dressed in their coordinating colors of their station and this year all the centers went all out in spirit pride! Isa's class is called Soleil hence their fierce YELLOW bright outfits/hats!


Here they are making their grand entrance!


Isa's teacher, Kim leading her class!



Isa and her buddy, Brooke

Isa ran 3.75 miles. Brooke ran 5.25 miles. Their class did so great! The Middle Schoolers were more into what their spirit outfits than getting more laps in for their classes. They played all kinds of music - I was grooving with the little siblings. They were huddle around me for their fruit snacks and lollipops Madi had stored in her backpack for sharing.


My Girl, I can't believe how big she's getting and how much passion she has for her school! All of our kids are so proud of themselves for supporting their school! Her and Nana also had practices tonight for 1.5 hour. It was also their school's 20th Birthday after school but our kids were so exhausted that I brought them home 30 minutes early from and we decorated for Halloween before practice. We needed the down time, especially me. I was pooped!


We are so proud of them! Great work, G6 kiddies!

Thank YOU to all of you friends and family for supporting our kiddies!

2 comments:

chefamily said...

What a bunch of cuties! I think they all had a good time, and the weather was perfect!
Thanks to the G6 family and friends for supporting our school!

Nikki said...

Madi is all the fashion with her yellow wellies. Darling. Glad you had sun!