Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Day of SPRING!

Happy Spring! Yesterday, Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade came over for a whole day of yard cleaning. When I say cleaning...I mean work. The yard needed something and their yard is perfect. They take pride in their yard, as they should and when they came over for Grandma Kim's birthday they offered to help us. WE were SO excited! We don't have nearly the fancy tools that they do and it makes the difference when tackling a yard this big.




Grandma Kim and Dev with his first TOY STORY Lego set. Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade got him this set along with other fun stuff but he put this together himself. He was so happy to show her and Grandpa Wade when they came over yesterday.

My photographer. I was working in the yard so she was my photographer for the day.



I had to leave for 2 hours to take Isa to her 1st indoor game in a league up from where she should be playing. So, basically she played 6th graders!
SHE SCORED 2 GOALS! The score was 6-2.
She played so stinkin' well! I was blubbering when she first got on the field because she just zoned in and had serious aggression on her face. I was one proud - crying Momma on the side lines. She IS so in to soccer this year. AND, this season she is ready to kick butt. Her Daddy and Grandpa Eddie [they both encourage being aggressive on the field] would have been proud! She was jumping for joy when she came home! Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade were super excited to be one of the first to witness her excitement.
My indoor pictures were lame so none posted. Next time.


Photobucket

It was a family affair. Everyone particpated [even if they pouted] because we are going to enjoy the yard and it was too nice to sit inside.
Grandpa Wade - the picture Nana took of me is posted. This is better than printed - it's on the web.


This was all covered they tilled it and edged it. Grandpa Wade then made a mad dash to Lowe's to purchase stepping stones for a pathway for the kids. They would tromp through normally. They moved around the sitting area so they could enjoy the space more.


We haven't mowed back there yet...but the whole garden beds were covered in grass and we tilled it and plucked through the weeds.


MY GARDEN. Can you tell I'm excited? Because I am. I envision tomatoes - peas - possibly some strawberries or a blueberry bush upon my kids' requests and some squash. It was covered with ground covering and Wade said "we can till it." So, I said let's do it. Then, he suggested this be a garden space. Small is better in my case - it's my first time ever maintaining a garden and my thumb isn't exactly green. Working on it though!



Husband is obsessed with making this stream work. It travels through the entire backyard so now that we've cleaned it out [he has some work to do still cleaning it out] he has to know if it works.

It feels good to have the yard going. We have a great start where we can tackle and maintain. There's still another area we are going to till [thanks, Grandpa Wade for letting us borrow your tiller!] over by the play house. It gets a lot of sun there so we might stick some corn or flowers over there.

THANK YOU, Grandpa Wade and Grandma Kim for spending your whole Saturday and 1st day of Spring helping us clean up our yard! We love it and the kids are out there this morning playing!

5 comments:

Amy Priddy said...

Glad that yall had a good first day of Spring. All we got was rain and a cold front. LOL! Fun times!

Hope all is well with you! :D

chefamily said...

Yeah for Isa's goals! We are so excited for her!
The yard looks A-mazing! you weren't kidding about Wade's skills! All that work and sweat was worth it for sure! I am so excited for you to get your garden going! I have a great book on Organic gardening that I will bring over for you to look through.

Sheree said...

@amy: i saw on your blog! sheesh! what a wet mess! :(

@denise: it was awesome to see her! dave took out the fern in the garden today! YIPPEE! i'm germinating some tomato seeds.

Nikki said...

That looks great! We need to do the same thing one weekend. We're doing a major overhaul as our dogs and the snow (in 2008) have done quite a job.

Isa said...

it's true. i did make 2 goals!