Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Oliver and Legos

What a week! Can I grow like 7 arms and 2 more bodies? That'd be great - thanks! But alas, I can't. I was hoping that my cape would hold out and fly me to and fro Chess Club and Opening Night but I had to do that thing that makes me feel so guilty...oh, yes ask for help! A super duper nice Momma [thank you, Michelle - if you read this or even if you don't, I'm still thankful!] is taking on my role at Chess Club so I can set up for Opening Night because I am chairing our school's auction/raffle that will be held during the show...that's right I said during.

Tonight I snuck in VIP style to snap a few pictures of my Isa. She saw me blubbering while I was taking pictures and all she said to me after was "Mommy, you're not suppposed to take any pictures in the front row." Uh, ex-squeeze me? I get to take pictures during FINAL rehearsal. It totally makes me remember WHY I'm doing this and WHY I love this school SO much.


She's singing her with her chorus...Is she not the most beauiful school kid you've ever seen?

There is Oliver Twist in the front [with the beige outfit] next to Isa!


The finishing pose...she's trying not to look at her blubbering proud Momma.


Denise helped me for a few hours today organizing the raffle baskets and watching the wee ones so I can power run some errands picking up items for the auction baskets. Yes, raffle and auction are two separate things all requiring bids.

Kay [C6's 2nd to oldest] came with me to see her bestie up on stage and we were hoping to catch Haley [C6's oldest] doing stage crew but we couldn't find her in the mass of darkness. Isa was so happy to see her! Kay was excited to see the backstage stuff - make up, hair, costume changing and microphone set up. It's so neat...I was scrambling to find one of the producers but I wish I would've took more pictures. I was trying to get in and out.



I love her. I love her dedication. I can not wait to watch my big girl perform!


If you'd like to see what I rallied up for the auction you can go to a catalog blog at http://madronamct.blogspot.com/ - thank YOU to all of the wonderful blogger/etsy friends for donating to a WONDERFUL cause!


------------------------------------------------------------------
On a Lego Note:
Denise and I were scrambling to get the raffle baskets done [um, not so easy task I have to say]. And, we let the kids play and they DID so well...okay, well everyone but Diva Madi but she's 2 and she did great for her 2-Diva-self.

Denise and I came out of my office raffle/auction jungle to this set up...

Pay and Madi were playing dollhouses then Dev and Pay were playing [none other than] Lego Star Wars...what do you think these guys are doing? Preparing to attack the kitchen for demand of lunch? I did skip lunch and let them snack instead...I was in a groove and looked up and realized it was 2pm! Whoops! No one complained of starvation but we were a little hefty on the snackies. Gotta do what ya gotta do sometimes! And, they survive.

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Too funny. Contemplating lunch for the wookies no doubt.

Nikki said...

By the way...she is a heartbreaker. You guys are in Trou-BLE!

Atticelf said...

Okay. Now you're making ME want to cry! I can totally see why you were blubbering. She looks fabulous! I can't wait to see the play.

chefamily said...

She looks so grown up!

Thank you so much for taking Kaylin to see her bff! She is living vicariously through her right now and can't wait to be with her in next years play!

Isa's dedication just blows me away! And yes, she is the most beautiful "school kid" I have ever seen! Clearly the star of the show!
We are all looking forward to seeing Isa in the play on Saturday!

P.S. I'm so glad you took that pic of the Lego set up. Those are the little things in life that are easily forgotten, if we don't take the time to document it!

Sheree said...

@nikki: i know - it was a busy afternoon. but now...it's over. :) and, i think it's funny because little boys have crushes and she just is so not in the middle of that yet. i'm SO glad!
@julie: thanks for your help and the performances were amazing, weren't they?
@denise: thank YOU for prompting me. it was so fun watching all the kids perform! :)

Isa said...

THANK YOU!