Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Hour with Our Best Friends!

Husband and I had an incredible date night with our best friends! We went to Daniel's Broiler for their late night Happy Hour (PS I HIGHLY recommend you go, if you haven't).

I was so eagerly eating...Dungeness Crab Legs and Prime Teriyaki Filet Migon Steak Strips with whipped Parmesan Potatoes that I didn't take any pictures of our food - I know, seriously?! I'm such a dork! But, I did get photos of the bestest friends EVER!

A little background...Mari and I used to work at Starbucks together and on occasion (okay, like once a week) we'd go out for Happy Hour until Husband and I had #3 then our Happy Hour days and Starbucks days with the flexible hours to enjoy Happy Hour ended. Mari organized and committed us all to enjoy a night out. We had one of the best nights ever! It was so fun!

Thank YOU, Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade for watching our little bundles so we can enjoy our night!



Look, it's a picture of ME and Denise! :) We're usually the ones behind the cameras. Her and Dao just celebrated 18 years together - yeah, no joke! They've been together since middle school, is that not the cutest thing ever?! We have become such good friends and I love how we share our crazy lives of raising 4 kids together! Thanks for making the effort to come out, D & D!



Enrique and Tina - Tina has a been a in our lives before Isa's 1st year of life! We worked at Starbucks for many years together and have remained the best of friends since.



Mari, our organizer and one of my dearest friends! I look like I've had a couple drinks because...I've had a couple drinks. This was towards the end of the night. :)


The boys, Dao (Denise's Hubby, Husband and Enrique)! The beer in front of my lovely Husband was Whistler. I love this beer. I mean love. Mari had to snatch it back from me so that my Husband could enjoy it. I kept taking it.

I can't begin to express to you how much fun we had and how YUMMY the food was. It was our "food" splurge of the year. Our Happy Hour with friends is rare and we feel so lucky to have gone out and eaten our hearts out. We ended the night with chocolate covered strawberries injected with Grand Marnier. Dude, I don't remember them being soo strong. It was like taking a shot! Good times. Good times.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I LOVE their chocolate covered strawberries! What a great night!

This is going to sound crazy, but I don't see pictures of you very often. So when I picture you, I still see you with braces. Didn't you used to have them? When I just saw your beautiful smile I thought, "huh...I wonder when she got her braces off" ;)

chefamily said...

We had so much fun with you all! Good food, good peeps, and good music! Too bad the boys didn't wanna "raise the roof" @ Lucky Strike! Ha!