Monday, December 28, 2009

Having Coffee with (one of) the President's Deputy!

Danielle is one of my oldest most dearest friends. WE went to private school together once upon a time ago but most importantly we are still best friends and essentially leave off where we left off. We yacked this Sunday morning about our lives and a little of the past. It was lots of chuckles. She is one of those friends that when I told her about my first date with Husband...she said "he's the one." And, she was right - he IS. Good friends know those things, right?

Danielle and I split after 8th grade and she really left me when she went to college in Virigina then to D.C. to chase a career in politics. She worked for Maria Cantwell and now she works for President Obama as his Director of Scheduling. Fancy, right? I thought so too. She is one of his deputies and as she explained it to me - there are Assistants to the President - Deputies of the President and everyone else. Impressive in my opinion. :) She loves her job and is very happy with her love, Mr. Tally (they've been together for 7 years).

Thanks so much for hanging out with me, Dan! Always fun to catch up with you in person. :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Aw, I love friends like that.

chefamily said...

I'm so glad you were able to meet up with your friend. It is such a busy time of year, and good for you both to make time to chat and visit!