Sunday, December 20, 2009

Friday Party - Baking - Canning Holiday Madness!

Friday at school, I snuck in before Madi's naptime to snap some pictures of my girlies in their classes. Isa was at orchestra when I was taking pictures of her class. She was at her class party but still wasn't feeling the greatest - not totally sicky that day and no fever. I think she was exhausted more than anything. Today's Sunday and she's back to 100% so maybe it was the stress of the week + holidays, I don't know.


Can you find Nana in her class?



The spread for their Beach Party (yes, bathing suits and all!). Her suit came home wet not damp. Wet. They had a blast in there that day!


Fishy Target Practice.


It was spirit week at school. And, Friday was Crazy Random Day. She thought it would be random to wear a nice shirt with pajama pants and a scarf inside. Yep, that's random!





There were several of these pools in the classroom...brave teachers I tell ya! Their class had fun and Nana got her hair wrapped too. They had a blast and that's what it's all about, right? I miss that as a kid. Class parties rock!

Isa's class did a more sophisticated theme. They turned their classroom into a Cocoa House. They all had these goofy mustaches on like weird coffee house guys and totally mowed down on some yummy treats!

Their class is pretty strict about sugar but this was most definitely a special day. There is this huge sign of appropriate snacks on their classroom door...none include sugar. None. I was quite shocked to see these treats lined up.




I picked up Jules - one of Isa's best friends, Izzie's brother who is a Co-Op/Soccer buddy so that Izzie's Momma could work in the classroom as the Cocoa House waitress. The boys were watching the girls throw streamers up over the lights in the classroom. They sat out of the way while my little one was dancing in the middle of it.

Later that afternoon/evening, Sarah came over with her two kids. We had plans to can BBQ Sauce for holiday gifts. She brought presents for our kiddies. Jesse (her son) was so excited for Dev to open his new Space Police Legos! Seriously, how cute is that?

The boys.



She was Rudolph. Can you see a red wrap sticking up in the back of her head? She was so excited. She STILL hasn't taken it out.



Isa was feeling better...I gave her a fun project since she was going to miss out on a sleepover with her buddies from soccer. She made these ornaments that we baked so she could paint them.

We then started the BBQ Sauce. Husband came home early from work and helped us chop onions (6 cups to be exact - which is approximately 7-8 onions). Thanks, Honey!

Batch 1 simmering for 2-3 hours.



Batch 2's onions getting sauteed.




Isa painting her gifts for family.




Aunty Sarah and Madi reading Real Simple Magazine while the BBQ Sauce was simmering.


I don't know what's happening - she took this of herself. What a goofball!


Zo (Nana's Co-Op/Soccer buddy) and her brother, Ian spent the night with us too. Yes, that means we had 8 kids floating around our house. YEP, eight. The girls made necklaces, read A Light in the Attic (over and over - Nana's declared this her favorite book of poems!) and we painted their nails funky neon colors.


Painted Master Pieces.


Ready to be canned...


This didn't take long to do...but next time I won't try baking ornaments, gingerbreadmen and Eggnog Cranberry Muffins at the same time.



Swiper! No, swiping!!

Frosty the Snowman - Legos + Batman + Hotwheels = a dude night with Ian, Jesse and Dev in our family room. They made it into their "dude" cave. Isa's wearing her Random Crazy outfit there - Nana's tutu we made for her Fancy Nancy birthday party and a fairy raffi headdress.




Isa then put it on Kaelee-Butt. SUPER cute!


Kaelee and Madi babbling away on the stairs.


Whew! What a day/night Friday was! Tons of fun! Thank you, I7 for the wonderful Christmas gifts and for hanging out! Thank YOU, O4 for sharing Zo and Ian! We had fun. :)

4 comments:

Nikki said...

7-8 onions!!! You must really love your family and friends!

Sheree said...

@nikki: yep, we DO! :D

chefamily said...

That BBQ sauce looks so yummy! I can't believe the weekend you had! I bet you would forget it all if you didn't take all the pictures and blog about the little things. I love your blog!

Ignacio Family said...

We had so much fun that night, Sheree, and I owe you a huge Thank YOU for everything you provided for me to give the BBQ sauce as gifts. Homer and I gobbled up the cranberry muffins and gingerbread men in a few days also. The gifts were a huge hit. I can't wait to do it again next year!