Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mommy and Daddy Day Date

Every year, Grandma Kim (Husband's Momma) takes the kids for an overnight Christmas craft fun. Saturday morning...Husband dropped Zo and Ian off then headed down south to bring Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade (her husband) the little G6 kiddies.

They made awesome crafts (as usual that I will post after this post). That morning...I met Lindsay (a former Co-Op member that I have become good friends with) at B&O for some yummy coffee and breakfast.



Um, we are going to talk about this. Why haven't you had their White Chocolate Mocha? Why? I love love love their chocolate. I love their pastries. I love B&O. Lindsay and I had relaxing morning. Thanks, Lindsay!

PS When I turned 25 - Husband took me there for High Tea and a couple next to us chatted with us while we had our High Tea - they were curious what it was because they'd never seen it before. They left before us and paid for our High Tea. YEP, that's right. Talk about Pay It Forward. This place has a special place in my heart because Husband and I have had good times here with each other and friends.


Lindsay and I carpooled since we both live in the same area so I had her drop me off at Whole Foods in Seattle and I waited there for Husband to come north and meet me. He originally was going to work but it was raining so him and I got to go on a Day Date! Exciting. We haven't had time together like this in forever...we cherished it by walking around downtown. Husband found free parking in Belltown and we walked towards downtown from there. We window-shopped at all of our favorite places (or mine) that we would normally never even enter with the kiddies. He let me browse Anthropologie as long as I wanted. Heaven. I love their kitchen stuff. We wandered around without a plan. So, weird. I always have a plan of what needs to happen - not that day. It was easy breezy.



We then went to Lowell's at Pike Place Market. Best Fish and Chips in town. Promise. Ask my non-fish eating Husband. We talked while we walked from Belltown and talked during lunch without interruptions. I know, crazy - right??


We watched them sing - so soulful and fun.

Yes, I made the guy frantically bussing tables stop and take a picture. We had a yummy lunch - consisting of clam chowder and fish and chips. I was too hungry and forgot to take pictures. Both of our cell phones died at Lowell's so we didn't know that Grandma Kim was going to offer to have the kids sleep over. Yes, even Mr. Loverkins. He hasn't spent the night anywhere in a couple years so we had planned on picking the little ones up at 6pm. We got to the south end early and did more window-shopping. We went into Michael's - yes folks, my Husband wandered the craft store with me. I ♥ HIM! Then, we went to Starbucks (thanks, I7 for the gift card!) and talked for 2.5 hours. I know, insanity!! It was the most amazing day with each other.

When we arrived to Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade's house, we hung out until pretty late and they said "you guys should just let them stay. They're winding down, go enjoy your night." WOW, you've had them all day and now you want them overnight?! Dev came right up to me and said he wanted to stay. We agreed and Dev seemed confident. Until, Willy Wonka (Johnny Dep version was on) I was ready to swoop him up because he was a bit spooked by it but Grandpa Wade pushed us out (I think that's the only way I would've gone!) and promised he'd be fine. I called as soon as I got home (remember our cells were dead?) and sure enough he was. Asleep 20 minutes after we left. Maybe I needed pushing. Probably. :) Thank you so much, Grandma Kim and Grandpa Wade!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Good for you guys, B and I need to get away from the dogs every once and awhile too ;)

chefamily said...

I can't tell you how happy I am for you and David to have some special time together. This time of year is so crazy and it easy to get caught up with all the kids activities. Good for you guys!

Sheree said...

@nikki: i think it's about the same isn't it. you guys do a ton with your dogs so i can see a much needed break.
@denise: i know if anyone understands it's most def YOU. :D