And, of course - the Super Soccer Saturday. I had also volunteered to help my Aunt at her booth this Saturday. She sells bags - all kinds of beautifully handmade bags. She is at Fremont all year round but today was the last day at the Edmonds Market. I was going to have a kid-free morning, sip coffee and chat with market go-ers. Until the 101.9 fever hit Miss Madi...my plans changed a bit. I'll get to work Fremont once we're gunk free and am totally excited. Come see me!
Anyway, we did do some fun things at home this week...you know to lift our spirits and encourage lazy-sick behavior. I tried to think when I was a kid what was fun to do when you the Tylenol had kicked in and you felt a little better.
Read books and do puzzles is what I came up with so we did tons of that this week. During fever time we sulked and watched movies.
Isa had a GS event with her Junior Troop (yes, I said Junior - not Brownie, not Daisy...JUNIOR). I told her Juniors have a hard time selling cookies because who can resist a Brownie or a Daisy?? So far, she still thinks GS rocks and wants to be a part of their troop. I think its also because her Seaview friends are there and not being on the same soccer team and school - she feels like this way she is guaranteed to see them all. Can't really argue with that!
I took her to the rink and then ran to Costco while she skated with her friends. Her GS Leader was there to keep watch and skate with all of them. Thanks, Robyn!
5 comments:
Hey Sheree! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
We have had the crud this week too. Yuck! Your kids are super cute! I started Shiver today and will probably finish it tonight.
Can't wait to get to know you better.
Hi Sheree! Thanks for your comment, you're right-- a family with 4 kids is so rare, especially in your 20s. Can't wait to explore your blog. Looks like we're all sickies! I woke up with a horrid sore throat and drainage, and I'm so achy. My kids are just passing everything back and forth. I think Josie (18 mos) has an ear infection now, taking her to the doc tomorrow.
I still don't have Shiver! I saw it at Walmart at one point, but didn't grab it. I should have, because now it's not there. I know I need to find it quick.
You guys look fantastic for being ill. So nice to see a photo of your beautiful face! Put me down for a box of somoas ;)
@nikki: you got it. :)
Your such a good mom to let go a little and let isa have some time with her friends. it's so hard to do, as a mom you want to be needed. Don't worry though, she will always need you!
P.S. I am so glad to hear you are all feeling better!
Post a Comment