Thursday, October 8, 2009

Play Date with Pay

This was our first play date with just Pay (at our house) since school started. Denise and I are homeschooling the two little preschoolers so I thought I would stimulate the little ones and have some fun Halloween projects planned. We finger painted (aren't I brave?) and made Halloween necklaces. I made Chocolate Chip Muffins and they wrapped them up in candy corn bags for their older siblings as a special treat for them.


They were so cute and played so well together that day. My Mister had a blast with his sweet friend, Pay. I love this age for crafts. They get so excited and have no expectations of themselves - they just go with it and are proud of whatever comes out of their creations!





I made them pose for their "before" picture.





Did I mention they did glitter glue too? It was a special treat.






Pay is smiling - I think she smiled every time we did something. She is so sweet!






She was trying to be so careful. Dev told her just scoop it!! And, she finally got it into and had a ball!!





He made us a Halloween card. :) Thanks, Dev!



The after math. They were so proud of themselves. They both did a great job!


After we cleaned up, we made necklaces and played outside. Mainly, we chatted about Halloween and what our favorite part was about the holiday. They both agreed being with their families. How sweet is that?! I know they can be "little" sister and brother at times but they just adore their older siblings and love to be with them all!

Later, they read and watched the Bee Movie but I love how Pay read to Dev. Her story from just looking at the pictures is very detailed. Thanks, Pay for coming over and playing with us!!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

wow you must be feeling better! I think you're brave for letting them put finger paint in your ramekins.

prize for fastest post to comment time? Me!

chefamily said...

Pay had so much fun! She told her Grandma all about it today!
Thank you so much for having her, and for making treats for the big kids! They all enjoyed their muffins today at lunch!
You rock! We ♥ the G6!

Sheree said...

@nikki: you mean $1 spot ramekins? i love those things. and dang, you were fast!!

@denise: always always. she is a pleasure.

Isa said...

Dev+pay eqeal a HUGE MESS!!!