Monday, July 20, 2009

Weekend Round Up

We had an eventful weekend...Daddy worked Saturday and then we had our friends over who helped us move that evening - the C6, Uncle Justin, Uncle Denny and Aunty Kelli. It was a good ol' time except I got zero pictures. Too busy, I suppose! :D

Sunday morning, Daddy left here at 6:30am to go play in a tournament in Federal Way. His first game was at 8am - we went too but not that early. We got there about 10:40am for the 11:30am game and 12:30pm game. We were happily surprised that G.E. showed up! The kids jumped all over him and yacked his ear off most of the game.


Isa and G.E. teasing each other and Isa wearing G.E.'s hat.

Dev sharing his TJ's blackcherry jello (coveted in our house) with Madi. I was so surprised that I had to take a picture.


Uncle Dan up to bat.



Daddy on deck.



Daddy getting ready to swing...he didn't hit as well as he usually does but his defense was super! We were just glad to be with him. I think he likes it when we're there too. :D




Nana and Madi were cooling off in the shade.





Dev took this picture of Aunty Steph, Uncle Dan's wife. She came down to bring Uncle Dan lunch and spoiled my kids by giving them tropical Starburst, which they've never had. Dev was saying Pina Colada the whole way home - it was clearly his favorite and she got him Gatorade. Dev has this obsession with Gatorade. He's had it like twice and every time he sees it he goes crazy...he yells "Gattttooorrrrraaaaaaaddddde." Daddy had one from that morning before we arrived and Dev was bouncing all over trying to get a sip; I warned Daddy to keep it out of Dev's sight if he wanted to drink it. He looked at me like "what?" then slowly got it when he saw his son going nutso over it. Aunty Steph was sweet enough to buy him one and he shared it willingly with his sisters. Of course, he was regulating their turns but at least he was sharing. :D


Darb and O (my 14 year old brother and sister from my dad) are spending a few days with me. They live in Tacoma/Federal Way area and saw a movie close to the park we were at so it worked out that we were down south that day. They just met us at the park and went home with me.

When we got home, we got Darb and O settled and broke out the Wii.




Darb in the office checking her emails.



Oops, I cut you off again - Nana! SORRY!
O, Isa, Dev and Nana playing Wii. It was pretty hilarious to see Dev, Isa and O play together the 2 most competitive out of our 4 and O who is a big gamer. He didn't know we had the Wii so next time he said he'll come prepared with his games.


When Daddy got home we ate dinner and then we decided to put our fire pit to work and roast marshmallows.




I was out of grahams and chocolate so they just ate roasted marshmallows! Sorry, guys!!

I put my kids to bed since it was close to 10pm. Darb, O and Husband sat outside and chatted away for awhile until the ol' man had to retire for work the next day. I was cuddled up with a new book series recommended by Denise. Who knows what today will bring?!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Ooh you'll have to let me know if you like that series. Off to find myself some starburst...or maybe a pina colada!

chefamily said...

I think they like to just eat the marshmellow's anyway!
I can't believe Darb and O are 14!
I remember when you had Isa or Nana's bday at their cabana years ago and they were adorable (still are).
Make sure you have them all pose together in front of your pretty yard or something.

Sheree said...

@nikki: so far super good, i'm totally diggin' them.

@denise: they are super huge! :D i need to bust out the camera for a group photo for shizzles.