Saturday, July 18, 2009

Life May Resume...

Oh, life is restoring itself in the G6 household. We chilled this last week after we got back from camping - Isa was packed full of play dates (who planned those for her anyway?) so we spent the last 3 days shuffling her around but for the most part we were home most of the day. Chillaxin. The 9 year old must maintain a social life I suppose...they crack me up on the phone. Lesson learned, her picking up the phone to say "hi" to a friend = me driving to pick some one up or dropping her off.

Isa: "I haven't seen you in so long!!"

Friend: "I know!! Wanna come over?"

Isa: "Sure, hold on."

Pause ::me preparing my answer for what the next question will be::

Isa: "Momma, can I go to so-and-so's house?"

Me: "Uh, what time am I dropping you off and picking you up?"

Isa: "Momma, can I go now, please? And, I'll call you later for pick up-probably in a couple hours."
Sike! Because it's usually like all day, concept of time is non existent even to the 9 year old.

Me: "Okay."

Isa: "I ♥ you, Momma!"

So, the 3 Musketeers and I chilled. Especially yesterday, we were lazy it was too stinkin' hot! The dynamic of my kids changes as one leaves. There's less fighting over this one below. Nana and Isa fight over who is helping/playing with her - seriously! At first, I thought it was endearing but now it is sort of becoming my pet peeve argument. I never thought I would say "share your sister!!" - urgh! Anyway, Dev and Nana tend to play more when there's not the sisterly competition of "who can take care of Madi" so it was nice to see them playing and Princess Madi got some chill time of her own.

She usually likes an entourage (ie the Che girls, Isa's friends - not so much of Nana's friends except for sweet Em and our girls) so I think it goes to Madi's head. She'll walk around and pause like "where are my beezy's?" Crazy girl doesn't know what to do with herself. I imagine Madi to be the head of Mean Girls, Regina. Scary...anyway, yesterday she enjoyed her alone time watching Dora the Explorer.





I let princess eat in the playroom and she picked up the swimsuit out of a bin of hand-me-downs from Miss Pay. She insisted she wear it. Nana was jealous "I never get to wear bikinis! I only have a tankini!!" - hello?! What is happening with my girls beggin' to wear bikinis!?



Dev and Nana pretending to play house with the Chess pieces. Each board was a house and they would defend their house against any invaders (Dev's words - too much Star Wars for that boy coming up with words like "invaders"!).





Check out the fatty lip Miss Madi acquired last night. The O4 came over to get materials Husband picked up for them for their fancy outdoor kitchen, speaking of which we'll be expecting a BBQ invitation - O4! And, the kids were all wound up because it was after 8:30pm when they got here so as I was settling down Madi with some Wubbzy (her favorite show EVER) and went to go put on Dev's sheets I washed that day. Madi noticed I left and I don't know for sure but we think she tried to get off the bed and her foot caught so she smacked the side of her face on the end frame of our bed. Lots of blood...and Daddy was so great. He saw the panic in my eyes and took her away to check for broken teeth and big cuts. Thankfully, a bloody nose and fat lip was all. But, it is one fat lip! Isa and Nana never got one but Dev has had one before and now Miss Madi. Today, we will be chillin' more with the C6 and our friends who helped us move for a little BBQ at our new home.

Have a great weekend! :D

2 comments:

chefamily said...

Awww! Madi is an "inappropriate girl"!lol
Poor thing what a fat lip!

Sheree said...

she loves to wear her bikinis! crazy girl!!