I declared Fridays
Step Away from the Boxes day so we could get out and do something fun. We went to the free movies (I ♥ those!) to see Horton Hears a Who on Tuesday and did some playing at the park but for most of the week we were packing/cleaning like the good elves we are.
Today, we got out and went to the zoo. Are you tired of my zoo posts yet? We did go a different route so how's that? We switched it up a bit.
A bit. I was so glad the
C6 came with us to join in on our adventure. We had a great time as always with them.
We started off making a bathroom stop...

We heard they were feeding the penguins at 11am so we went to go check it out. But sike it was jammed pack so we went to the Day and Night Exhibit or rather Denise took all the kids minus Madi while Madi and I sat outside and waited. Turned out Pay and Dev didn't want to go into the Night Exhibit so they chilled out with me and waited. We got hungry...so we started munching and when they came out I said "can we eat lunch?" I know, I know - we didn't even really see anything but...it was lunch time! So, we sat and ate on the grass.

Afterwards we hit the Northern Trail to see the bears, otters and foxes. We also got to see an eagle that had made a nest where the elk were and was protecting it's young in their nest. The tree was pretty far so I couldn't get pictures but the zoo had a telescope so all the kids could see. If you looked carefully, you could see the little chickies hopping around in the nest. Yeah, I was too blind for that but everyone else saw them.


Otters. See? I have never posted an otter picture.

Yep, we're super
stars for soldiering it with all 8 kids. Isa was on the other side so she's not in the shot; that's Haley holding Madi.
Roar! We saw them swimming and eating trout.

All the monkeys being monkeys.

Um, we sat here for awhile talking to the zoo expert talk about the Orangutan or rather Isa, Haley and Kay sat there and listened to the zoo expert.

Madi wearing Haley's glasses!
That was it. It was a good 3.5 hours of fun at the zoo. It is prime gargage sale weekend too. I went to a few in this area after the zoo. Nothing like drive through shopping. I didn't score though. :( You should check 'em out in your 'hood and I hope you have better luck than I did. Have a great weekend!
5 comments:
Fun day! Good for you for taking a break, well deserved.
Sidenote: My uncle was telling me about a friend who had a tree fall down in their yard and there was an eagle's nest. In it they found 17 pet collars...crazy.
Ha ha! Funny post. Looks like you had fun!
I tried to explain to Dao that we were there for nearly 4 hours and only did 1/2 of the zoo! He couldn't believe it! I told him that 8 kiddos (and two mommies who drank coffees on the ride down) = lots and lots of trips to the bathrooms!
Thanks for taking time out to hang with us!
I'm glad that you went out and had some fun...you deserve it! Speaking of which we need to have some fun! =)
i loved it too guys
Post a Comment