I have been in a little slump. A mix between the last week of school craziness and moving together formed chaos - which if you know me, I prefer organized chaos not just chaos. It was nuts this week. Every day it was something; I would start packing/cleaning at home and then *bam!* it was time to go to the Teacher/Student softball game or bring in stuff for the icecream social during their Read In - it was always something. I would come home with my over stimulated little ones oh to be the little brother and sister that every elementary kid has to poke and tease at because you're the younger siblings of their friends! and have to settle them down to have the girls come home and bring home stuff what I mean by stuff is misc. junk/treasures from school - papers, well loved school supplies - etc. that I would need to sort through. That didn't get done until after dinner and baths - by then I would just look at it ::sigh:: and tromp through it all before the monster got to it and ripped their art work.
I had my heart set on chillin' at home on the last day of school and getting what I needed done. Realizing that wasn't fair to my kids and selfish of me + remembering their first day of summer last year. Isa already had a plan - she was going to Kendie's School's Out party across the street but was that fair for Nana to stay home? Sarah (my friend since forever) called me and we decided to meet up and hit the Museum. I left my insane house to go have some fun with Sarah, Jess and Kaelee.
---------------------------------------
We always have this dilemma when we get there; what to do first??
Sarah and Miss Kaelee in the Ergo; Madi was not going to sit in there and Kaelee's the perfect age for this carrier. I think I sold Sarah on getting one. :)
Dev and Jess in the treehouse.
Playing connect four with the big coins in the "bank" area.
My builder. She was standing here for awhile building her "skyscraper" as she called it.
This cracked me up, Madi putting the pieces in a row. It was completely calming for her for 2 minutes until she got tired of it and moved on but for 2 minutes I saw myself in her! Made a Momma proud!!
I felt better when we got home, the kids had played - they watched Happily N'ever After and I got some much needed packing/cleaning done. Wa Hoo! I'm still in shock that I will have a 4th Grader and a 2nd Grader next fall. Where does the time go?
6 comments:
This was one of the most happiest days I've had in a longgg time! Let alone the fun that Jesse and Kaelee had! Thank you so much for taking us there,and for the Starbucks(x2!) I'm still so excited while looking at the pictures. I can't wait to get together again.
What a great idea! The kiddos will remember this last day of school (or first day of summer) forever!
My god woman! When do you ever have time to read? The museum looks like a lot of fun though, I can't wait to do that kind of stuff with my nephew!
@sarah: of course, it was a blast!
@denise: i'm hoping i made up for last year!
@nikki: i read at night - i am usually tuckered out and in bed by 9:30-10pmish.
@nikki (again): i meant reading in bed at 9:30-10pmish i usually don't sleep until 11:30-12am.
i love madi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment