Monday, May 4, 2009

Our newest Star Wars Lego member...

It is no secret that Dev is a Star Wars fanatic (that's putting it mildy). His soccer team's name is Storm Troopers. Speaking of which, Grandpa Eddie, if you are reading this can you please send me this Saturday's soccer game pictures? Dev who would not step on the field last season. His first game he scored a goal and played the whole game. Granted he was lightsabering the opposing team but hey, I will take what I can get. He was out there, participated and scored a goal. Success!

Back to our Lego Family, Dev collects legos. Any kind really but his favorite is Star Wars. He has all of the smaller ships and the 2 big ships. He received Luke's ship for Christmas from Grandpa Eddie. It took Daddy 3 hours to put together on Christmas day but because of the snow we were able to chill at home and work on it. He just got Darth's ship as a belated birthday present from my Mom. We went a couple times to get it but they were out because it was an exclusive anniversary edition. Daddy and I split up the lego job. We wanted to surprise Dev in the morning. I did the ship and Daddy did the wings.



Dev got up with the big girls this morning at 6:30am to work on it with me but to his surprise...
Forgive the unsteady camera hand as it was 6:30am and I had not had my coffee yet.


it was already done!!

He has wanted Darth and his ship since March. He was the happiest boy this morning to find it all put together. Then, we watched Star Wars V The Empire Strikes Back.

The Jedi and his Padawan (Madi) are hungry for some lunch...

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Fun! What a nice mom you are...

Chrissy said...

I am very impressed. Those Lego pieces are tiny. You have mad skills. :)

Sheree said...

it is actually okay but the 3 hour jobs we have to split it's just too much time sitting there. you go a little crossed eyed (or i do, my husband can do it-it's a boy thing).

chefamily said...

Yeah for Lego's!! and Yeah for Star Wars!!
Congrats to Dev on his first goal!!!! How exciting!

Camie said...

Dev is such a lucky boy!