Monday, December 8, 2008

Snowflake Ball

Yes, my daughter is 8. And, yes she went to an elementary school but the dance was not geared for "boy and girl" dances like every one assumes. It was for all families to come (they had family rates instead of individual rates). Daddy had was home sick that day and we had sleepovers that night. So, I couldn't leave him with all the kids when he's not 100%. Zo (Nana's friend) and Sophie (Isa's friend) were going to spend the night that Thursday evening because there was no school. Sophie's Mom offered to take Isa to the dance. So, they spent all afternoon getting ready and putting together their outfits (it was a white dress or a white dress) the theme was white or blue as it was a Snowflake Ball. Daddy gave them his speech "no dancing with boys"...I don't know if that is a speech but they had already decided they weren't. They had a whole group of girls ready to bounce and run around to the tunes of HSM3 and Miley Cyrus. It was a good night for them...I was bummed I had to miss the actual dance but Zo and Nana needed assistance with their plans...Barbie and the Diamond Castle for our movie night with popcorn (includes the Gibson works...cinnamon and sugar). The girls came back from their dance and they watched a movie too (it was over at 8pm). What I thought was so cute is that they wanted to watch Tinkerbell. :) Reaffirmed that they are still girls...no matter how fast they grow.


Sophie and Isa before walking out the door for the Snowflake Ball.

My Isa. Growing. Growing.

No comments: