Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh Baby!


Tiny. Non-Mobile Baby. Love those days.

Crazy. Independent Baby.


Okay, so I've been venting about Madi to my girlfriend who has 4 girls and her youngest is Dev's age, Pay. She has gone through what I'm going through with #4. I don't truly recall my others being so busy...okay, I remember Dev being busy but not so naughty. Surprised, aren't you? She is sooooo naughty. I've never really used that word to describe my kids but she is so naughty. She has full understanding of "no" and what she shouldn't be doing but she is stubborn and persistent. She will go to all lengths to get what she wants and she doesn't care if there is a big 3 year old boy standing in her way she will take him down. Her new defense (or should I say weapon?)...her chomps. She will bite. Not a friendly, beware if you test me again I'll bite harder. No, it's a full on bite that makes my almost 9 year old cry. Yes, cry. Even Daddy has had to bite his tongue from screaming from her ferocious bite.

Now, Dev bit. If we all recall, Dev had to be accompanied by Husband or I at the Co-Op because of his first attack on an unsuspecting classmate. So, dealing with the biting thing is not new. But, the strong will of a fourth child...that's new. She is an independent baby who does not want anyone to step in front of her path. This age is hard enough...with the constant picking up after because they are so destructive and experimental at this age. Dumping toys out here. Swirling their hands in the toilet. Unraveling the toilet paper. And, how can we forget throwing socks and underwear out of the kids' underwear and sock drawers? I was thinking about moving them but what's the point? She'll just throw whatever is in the lowest drawer out. My 3 year old can't undo most of the baby proofing with out assistance so...what's worse? Helping the kids every time they need new socks or undies or cleaning up after the baby? Toss up, isn't it?

I also seem to forget the grocery trips at this age. I have to be stocked before I step foot in any grocery store (especially Costco because I take doubly long).

I thought I was passed all this packing up business once she turned 1. Guess not. Not only do I keep LEGOs in my pockets, I have to make sure both toddler and preschooler are content and pacified with food? But, you know what? It works and keeps my sanity (and noise level) down in the store.

No comments: