Monday, December 8, 2008

Dec-the-Tree

Fa, la, la, la, lahhhh, la, la, la (don't know if I have enough la-las but you get the point). We got up early that morning (Sunday) to go to the Santa Breakfast at my parents' church. They wanted to meet Santa's helper and take a picture...or at least the 3 out of 4 wanted to. We left at 8am to go meet Santa and eat breakfast and then rush home for a 12pm soccer game in Lake Stevens and get our Christmas tree. We've lived in this area for a couple years (2.5 to be exact) and have not found a Christmas tree farm like Husband's childhood that we went to before we moved. Poor Husband has had to haul the tree himself at the farm we used to go to we could ride the tractor. But, we go for the experience and tradition. All of us hiked out to depths of the farm to find a tree in Lake Stevens where there's one on every corner. Literally. We passed at least 3 or 4 on our way up but you can't beat $15 any tree. You can't. At least not at a farm. The kids look forward to this every year...hot chocolate and candycanes/cookies after you pick out tree to warm you up.


Triumph. We found our tree in under 20 minutes.



Daddy putting the star on our 2008 Christmas tree.

This year I let the kids decorate the tree without saying (fill in here, put this there) a thing. I was too pooped after scrubbing our van of mud, doing 4 loads of wash from just this weekend of dirt and mud and pondering of dinner with the hanging chore of needing to go to Costco. Boo. I hate thinking of dinner as it is. I don't need lack of food to make it more complicated! Uh, off track again...oh yeah, so the tree turned out so cute and I'm proud of my little loveies.

OH...ps I won't be doing Christmas cards because...well, I need to let something go this year. I'm planning for a Spring Chess Tournament and a Teacher Luncheon...plus my Co-Op duties. Something has got to give. I chose my least favorite task...Christmas cards. :) But please know we wish you all a Happy Happy Holiday(s)! We love you all.

1 comment:

Go.Be.Love said...

So I'm so glad to see that David puts the star on first too! I put the star on our tree first and apparently Ian said that I messed up. APPARENTLY that goes on last, according to "some" tradition.... what ev! =-) Go us for putting the star on first, it only makes sense right? =-)
Great tree, the kids decorated beautifully!