Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Fat Lip

This post was suggested by Husband...where do I begin? I went to paint Clay with my GF, Mari at a Tupperware Meeting. I heart Tupperware so I begged to go with her to get some freebies. And, it was in my hood so it worked out great. :) Anyway, left to go with her at 6pmish and came home around 8:30pmish. Dev walks up to me and HOLY COW his lip is ginormous. It looks like he had collagen injections it is so large. When we asked (Mari and I) Husband what happened he said "I don't know". What? Husband was with Tiny and he was playing trains on the dining table (where Thomas and Friends currently live-at least the Take Alongs do the other set is set up in his room) and was trying to get down or slipped off the chair and slammed his mouth on the table. No teeth are loose or knocked out but sheesh it looks a little alarming when you first look at him. Dev is the ultimate jumping bean. He jumps off the toilet, the couch, the stairs, the car, the deck (we have a small deck-it's not on the 2nd level or anything) and no matter how many times you say "don't jump" or how many times in his life he'll get a fat lip from jumping...he'll still jump. That's a boy for you. He says "cool guys jump" and I say "do they have fat lips too?" and he'll say "I'm cross at you." Cross=Mad that's Thomas the Train lingo. He doesn't appreciate my humor now that he understands the sarcasm behind it. So, I get "I'm cross at you" a lot especially this last week. But, at least he's expressing himself through words instead of his physicalness. Right?

"Smile, Dev." "No, I don't wanna."
I took it anyway, Grumpy.

As soon as I put the camera down he smiled so I had to get the one with him smiling. He wouldn't back up or let me take any more so this is the best I could get. He had to sit right in front of the camera and he had to hold his Apple Cinnamon Muffin (our favorite muffins).

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Ahhh he is sooo cute! I read this entry to Cirdan and at the end he got so excited about the Apple Cinnamon muffins. We forgot about those!