Last night was one of the most exciting nights of year, right up there with Christmas Eve-okay not quite-but close! The G6 kids lounged most of the day with Grandpa Eddie, the girlies got their hair cuts in the afternoon, Isa had soccer practice, light dinner, more lounging and then about 7:30pm we picked out outfits for the next day, gathered school supplies, put them by the door, kissed and hugged good night 465416 times and
then finally went to bed. 8:15pm. Not to say they went to sleep right away but they were settled. Isa got her bedtime bumped up because she is such a responsible early bird. Not even kidding, she is chipper and ready to go by 7am. No joke. So, she gets to stay up until 9pm. We woke up this morning (or I did at 6am), Isa at 6:30am, Nana at 6:45am and Dev (Madi too) at 7:15am. Then, the G6 kiddies pile into the car and head to school. We have a 10 minute later start then last year so I thought getting there by 7:35am would be enough. It wasn't. We still had to park 2 blocks away. So, we did. Dev didn't want to walk so he strolled and Madi
Ergoed. It was good times. The girls had a lot to carry but mainly Nana was so nervous she wanted me to walk her in. I walk Isa in first...

She is such a good sport. She was camera ready. I left Dev outside with a Mom because it was crazy packed with Moms this year in the A-2 room. So, I walked her in and got her settled (took my picture, of course) but that was about it. Oh, I did get a kiss and a half hug (so disappointing, I wanted a FULL one but couldn't beg right there). In her defense, there was a lot going on. And, we were one of the last to arrive because of our hike.

My sweet Nana. Toothless Nana. She walked right in (she gets to sit in front of ET, the turtle-that's prime real estate in 1st Grade to sit next to class pet) put her stuff down and was ready to learn. She barely said two words to me. I was asking her if she needed help organizing her things. "No, Mommy." We met a new friend, Aliya, who I had already met through her Dad who coordinates the
SKYC fundraiser
Running of the Balls. That was very exciting because it was Aliya's first day so we, Mommies, coordinated Nana to be her big helper which Nana LOVES to do. So Nana was elated!! Nana wanted nothing to do with me when she found out she was going to
help some one. I told her that I walked 2 blocks to take her to class so I get a kiss, a hug and another hug. No arguements. She did and then walked me, Dev and Madi out.
Now, I can think of a million and one things to do with my Tiny taking an early morning nap and my son too dazed to do anything more than play by himself but I'm blogging. Having said that, I need to get off and
do something.
Stay Classy, Seattle. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment