Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Downtown



GLORIOUS! Every year we go to the downtown Carousel during the Holiday season. It's a great day for us. I love love love it. It's so pretty with all the decorations. We get in to the Holiday spirit looking at the transformation of downtown Seattle to Christmas downtown Seattle. Wonderful. Splendid. It was all of those words and more. The kids get excited; this is the first year that Dev was excited. Last year we took Grandpa Eddie with us and we had so much fun. He HAD to come with us this year too. Isa invited Kendyl because last year she wasn't able to go.
We are ready to roll. We got downtown around 11:20ish in the morning. I packed lunch so that we would have happy full (not sugar filled) children! We immediately head for the Carousel and stand in line. It's early enough where it wouldn't be very busy.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Everyone standing in front of the tree getting ready to ride the Carousel!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This Nutcracker was made out of candy and I wanted the girls to take a picture with it. I have no idea why this little girl wouldn't move. I asked her if I could take a picture and she said "yes." Uh, I didn't have the heart to say "without you in it." And, I don't know why the girls are leaning away from the Nutcracker. I did emphasise that I wanted the the picture of the Nutcracker...who knows! They are all looking good anyway!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Isa riding the horse!
Nana and Dev were in front of Husband and I on the bench with Grandpa Eddie. Nana didn't want to ride a horse; she didn't want to last year so we were hoping this year she might. No luck. I don't have pictures of them because once we got on and took snaps of Isa and Kendyl the Carousel was moving. And, they do not want you to walk around...they have good safety practices on there! Husband was standing next to me with Tiny so I do have a snap of that.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
He was calling me crazy camera lady at this point. His smiling gets less in less in the pictures as we progress!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Outside of Westlake Mall.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I told her no "peace" signs and she STILL snuck one in. Stinker.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Dev only wanted to sit on Grandpa's lap for his first Train ride. He was so excited. My personal highlight of the day!
I noticed the Monorail was up and running. I don't think I ever gave too much thought but they have a new sign on the sidewalk in front of Westlake now so you can not miss it. Now, the Monorail is the closest thing to a train around here and we thought it would be fun for Mr. Thomas the Train to go. We went up to the top of Westlake and got roundtrip tickets. As the Monorail heads in to the EMP the speaker lets us know that their is a Winterfest Train exhibit set up in the Center House. So, we get off and head in. Now, I love the Center House because there is always something neat going on but I hate the temptation and the monsters my kids turn in to. Isa, Kendyl and Hannah came with me to the bathroom. On the way back (Husband isn't around me so they feel free enough to hit me up) they are asking me to go to every candy place around there. I think there's at least 3...evil!! Then, Kendyl chimes in "I want to buy it for the girls." Err. So, I cave in and walk over to Seattle Fudge. Kendyl is ready to spend $3 each on cotton candy for all of them! I told I could buy her a bag of sugar for cheaper. So, I said one bag of cotton candy and they ALL had to share with Dev as well. From Seattle Fudge to the Monorail 20 feet or whatever the cotton candy was gone. Yes, gone.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This was neat. Dev thoroughly enjoyed this exhibit. The girls were more interested in cotton candy.
We get back on the Monorail. We head back and do some browsing at Pacific Place. There Dev has his 1 and only stroller meltdown and we decide let's go before it gets worse. It's 1:15pm and we did great. It was just starting to get really crowded downtown and we were on our way OUT. It was a good time.
Grandpa came over for a dinner and to celebrate his birthday. The kids are always so excited to spend time with Eddie. They love Grandpa. But, Husband and I feel a little bad because they love him pretty hard. His back and his energy probably needs to be recharged now before Christmas comes!


No comments: