The next day, I woke up ready to pack it up and go home. Seriously. We were cold. We were wet. Mommy was miserable on top of a killer sinus infection I was ready to go home to my warm bed.
But, I had the husband of all husbands reassuring me it'd be okay and that I should stick it out until the afternoon. Fine. But, if it rained any more I was outta there.
I'm so sad I didn't get pictures of the kids - the little kids - getting ready to go on their hike. 4 mile hike to the Cascade Falls. I know they had an amazing time and I know that if us Mommies went it would have been a different experience. How I know that? Because we've gone and it wasn't as fun as it seemed to be for the kiddos this time. Although, they were gone forever and the Mommies sat and worried if they had enough snacks, water and if the kiddies feet were going to be too sore. You know, typical Mommy worries.
It turns out they were all troopers and did a great job! We have good Daddies - thanks, Daddy and Dao! You guys are the bestest!
We on the other hand, wanted to go into town for some boutique shopping. Um...one problem both of our cars didn't start. YES, both. C6's battery was dead. Ours is a different issue that Grandpa Eddie will have to help us with (sorry, G.E.!) but at least it happened with Daddy there so he now knows it's not the operator it's the vessel. It did end up starting and we were able to leave. The husbands then took the little kids fishing. True campers those men. We went to the book shop and used clothing stores.
DAY 2

What you don't travel with an enormous tub of cheeseballs? Hmm, that's odd. My Mom buys this tub for the kids for camping so once a year the kids pig out on cheeseballs.
Thank you, fellow camper for trying to jump me. I still can't believe both cars wouldn't start! We did eventually get mine to start on it's own. Boo for non working cars and being stranded in the rain!
Weird, we went to go get coffee. That's so unlike me. We hung out and chatted in the warm coffee shop before walking around town.
Isa and Kay moved to another table to talk and I was snapping photos of her. I caught and she was annoyed! I LOVE YOUR FACE, Isa! That's her "really?!" face. It was nice to hang with my oldest and her buddy + her mommy, Denise. They are so goofy together!
Photo op. Aren't they cute!

Um, then we headed back for dinner. I gave the girls dish duty. Don't they look like they're having fun! After that, I took over and became a soggy mess. I just knew we'd have to use the utensils again and didn't want to eat unknown protein or extra protein if you know what I mean.

Dishes is a team effort and these girls did a good job. They figured out who could do what best and it flowed. Mostly, they figured out I could wash the best.
DAY 3

It was kinda warm and somehow the kids determined they needed to swim. So, they swam.

Haley and her friend, Amara went paddle boating. I really wanted to do something. Paddle boating is too much work on a windy day. I asked Denise if she'd mind keeping an eye on the kiddos so we could go canoeing.

Awww, Mommy and Daddy time. We looped a lagoon and contrary to what Denise + Dao think it was hard to row so we circled, talked a little bit and then came back. We were clocked at 45 minutes but they said it was more like 90 minutes. Maybe my kids were a handful, we felt so bad! But, selfishly we had a good time even though we couldn't really hear each other it was kind of nice NOT talking and just rowing together. We are very appreciative to Dao and Denise for watching the kiddos so we could canoe together! THANK YOU again, guys!

Um, trying to figure out where the lagoon is - he thought it was the opposite way it was. My wonderful husband has no sense of direction but he tries!

YAY! And, thanks Isa for taking pictures! She was so excited to see us go. We didn't explain well to Dev where were going and when he couldn't see us he worried. Poor guy! I always have to give him the "plan".

We rushed back. Made dinner. Gobbled dinner and headed to the ferry dock to make the 8:45pm ferry. We were an hour early and then the ferry was running 20 minutes behind + it started RAINING. Good call on leaving that evening. It would've been another wet one. Daddy had a tournament early Saturday so we kinda knew we need to leave late that evening.

Em and Nana.

Tearing out stuff for their
smashbooks.

Lovey wanted to try the pickles I made for Daddy and Uncle Dao. The pickles I made had jalapenos in them. He rubbed his eye and basically fried the instead of his eye lid. It was so raw. Poor guy! 48 hours later it got better but it was so painful for my poor guy!

Goofy girls! We got home at 11:26pm and finished unloading close to 1am with one load started! Success! It was a fun + wet experience and the kids had a blast with their friends that in itself is well worth it all.
1 comment:
Good times, good times! We LOVE camping with you guys! I'm so glad you and David got to go on your little Love Boat cruise. Everything was fine until your little Lovey was done and he realized you were gone and he couldn't see you. Dev and the pickle juice incident will be a lesson learned to us all for ever! Never touch your eye after touching the pickle juice!
Post a Comment