Friday, January 14, 2011

Martin Luther King Jr. Assembly

Nana was super excited all week long for her performance for the Martin Luther King Jr. Assembly. She kept saying "you're coming, right?" Fridays are one of two days I'm not at their school. And, after the late Thursday night for Isa's concert staying home cleaning the tornado that ensued all week long sounded rather tempting...but who can resist Nana? I know I can't.

Mr. Loverkins aka Dev also sang but as you can see in the video below...their class was supposed to be leading the "echo" with the other kindergarteners instead they were "echo"-ing. I love how Dev's teacher put him in the front. Not. He's not even singing! Little stinker! In order for Dev to even sing...he has to be pretty confident with the song. I had to stop recording because a) Dev wasn't singing - neither was much of his class really and b) Madi was pulling on my camera strap. So, it's short clip BUT they're still adorable. Off key, not singing and confused as all heck...none the less still adorable.


The Kindergarteners.

Nana did such a good job...she was tucked tightly in the 2nd row. I'm so bummed but I saw her and she knew I was listening for her very best singing voice.


The Total Experience Gospel Choir came to sing for our school. WOW. Their voices were large and filled the room with their passion for their music. They had a message to share and it was really an experience to hear them.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

So cute! Bringing back some memories.

chefamily said...

Did our kindergartners even know that they were suppost to be leading the song? Too funny!

The choir was very inspirational, though. I wish they took requests! :)