Every year, we go downtown and ride the carousel. It's been a Christmas/Grandpa Eddie's Birthday tradition. This year there were high winds so it looked a little iffy. WE actually didn't get the high winds where we were...it was all south from us. But, it cleared up and was just a little cold. We were able to do our usual walk through downtown Seattle, I think I was just as excited as the kids were. I love this holiday tradition sooo much.
We ate Dim Sum from Mee Sum Pastries + coffee at Le Panier. Then headed to the Gum Wall - I tried last year and was unsuccessful. Denise and I found it a month ago and I had to bring the kids here!
Daddy...with an emphasis on Daddy not Mommy let them contribute. Sick. I was happy just letting them stand 3 feet away so I can take a picture. Not let them contribute but they were so excited to chew up hard gum from the gumball machine in the cold alley that I couldn't argue. They won that battle.
We ended our day at a Christmas party at Grandpa Eddie's close friends' house - where Daddy had been working. So, we got to see his beautiful tile work as well as mingle with friends. I had so much fun at that I forgot to take pictures!! I sat and talked with one of Grandpa Eddie's close friends, Sydney most of the night about our sweet sons. I guess I can talk about any of my kids for hours and hours.
2 comments:
Nana and Isa's skinny little legs in Uggs is just about the cutest thing. Grandpa Eddie sounds like the best Grandpa in the world.
Happy Birthday Grandpa Eddie! I love your tradition!
ps. Did you freak out when Madi and Dev got close to the wall? At least Dev doesn't have that thing for chewed gum anymore, or does he? =P
Post a Comment