Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Turkey Shoot Games!

WOW, what a weekend!?

We started our Turkey Shoot Weekend with both our Purple Flames and Tsunami teams playing in this tourament. It's a fun little tournament in our area that Isa's had a blast doing in the past.
In their league, they don't have a tournament to see who places 1st in their division in Isa's age group. So this is the alternative. It was the first time both teams went together with Daddy coaching both. Plus, we had indoor soccer that just started as well. We had 11 games planned we only went to 10 - Daddy didn't go to his Sunday game due to the Championship game.


Ready. Set. Soccer.



We took 1st! They were elated. I was elated. The kids were elated. Daddy and Grandpa Eddie were elated. It was so exciting! We have amazing Tsunami families. I think of them in a true family sense. They are the most supportive parents and help Coach Daddy in any way they can. We SO appreciate them!

I watched the best soccer I've seen Isa play. She is a beast in defense. A beast. She holds it down back there. She plays Center Defender - Sweeper and WOW, I'm so impressed with her aggressiveness and awareness of what she needs to do. She is thinking ahead and playing smart. It's so fun to watch her!






The morning game was their determining game. IF they won they'd move on...well the snow came down and all the girls turned from serious soccer players to little girls ready to play in the snow!

They pulled it together and won! We were so excited for them.


PURPLE FLAMES!




Nana's team did well too. They don't keep standings at this age. They play 3 games and then they're done. I kinda like that less stressful. :) Her team won 2 lost 1. It was fun to watch them. Nana had indoor Saturday night and Sunday afternoon making 3 games on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. She was so tired. The most tired I've seen her in a while but she can't stop talking about how much fun she had! Our Purple Flames' Families are the same. We adore our soccer families. They are our social life and we are so happy they are! They are great folks to be around!

She says she loves indoor soccer! She is more aggressive on the indoor field than the outdoor field. I can't believe what a spit fire she is out there. I hardly recognize my sweet Nana! She really wants that "cookie" as Coach Dave used to tell them.

Tournaments are fun. I can not wait for the next one. They (including Daddy) all love it. Madi was walking around (in the freezing cold) happy as a clam saying "turkey shoot!" She loves all the attention the team players + their families give her. Need not to worry about Madi ever getting neglected...she won't let you forget her.


Dev has at least one boy sibling around that he can kick the soccer ball with or play swords with so he was a happy camper too. I had a tote full of goodies + Grandpa treated us to Red Robin (the kids' favorites) twice that weekend. So, they were happy all around. I was too because it was one less meal to think out.

I can't tell you how proud I am of Coach Daddy. He is truly amazing with these kids. His patience. His skills he shares - they are sponges and you can see it on the field. They are playing some awesome soccer and it's exciting to watch. The families and players love Coach Daddy - heck, so do we! Good work with coaching - you're amazing, Daddy!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Love the snow one of all of them! They look like they had so much fun!

Go.Be.Love said...

So SRSLY Madi is cute all the time but her pic in this post is super adorable!!