Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kids' Perspective on Trimmin' the Triz-eeee!

As mentioned below - we let the kids have at it decorating the tree. I also let Dev take some pictures...until I realized that his pictures made me sea sick.

I took this lovely picture...after a lot of takes - you the drill. They had the case of the giggles so it was fun to snap them. Have I mentioned that I love them?

Nana - 8, Isa - 10, Dev - 5 and Madi 3
Our Clan.



Photobucket

A blend of mine and Dev's snaps of the evening.

They are growing so fast. This time of year brings out such a special spirit and my kids are glowing with anticipation. Every year, the kids exchange between each other. The first year we did it was when Isa was old enough to shop and be thoughtful; she was in Kindergarten. She had so much fun. The older she gets the more thoughtful she gets. She loves to give and rack her brain for the perfect gift.

This year Isa's giving to Dev, Dev's giving to Isa, Nana's giving to Madi and Madi's giving to Nana. The kids love to wrap...they've asked me every day since if they could we wrap their gifts for their sibling. So sweet!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Love that one of the 3 of you. So nice to see your smiling face. They really are good kids. Well at least from what I know on this blog! ;)

chefamily said...

I think letting go and allowing the kids to decorate is the way to go! They are so proud of their tree! Dev asked Maggie, Kaden, and Pay to come in and of course showed them the "Darth" ornament.