Sunday evening, we squeezed one more thing in. We had Isa's friend, Grace over for a play date after their soccer game then Tita came over after teaching Filipino Folk dancing to a family getting ready for a Super Sweet 16! The kids love her.
They love my Aunt's cookies and Tita is continuing the baking traditions with my kids. My fondest memories of going over to their house was the YUMMY cookies my Aunt used to make so to have Tita come over and bake with my kids is special.
Husband has his own fond memories of Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies his grandma used to make. Tita's recipe is Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip so I asked her if we could make some butterscotch and some chocolate chip. She was flexible. I know sometimes it's hard to break from those traditional recipes. But, we lived on the wild side and they were yummy.
We drank coffee, baked, ate dinner (it was leftover night - 3 potlucks = lots of leftovers) and then she pulled out Bananagrams. The kids fell in love with Bananagrams even Madi (Santa, did you note this?). They played regularly then they made up their own games. Tita is so good with them. They just adore her. Thank you, Tita for a fun night!
Cookie Note: Nana created a Cookie Club. Denise and I stopped by Cow Chips on our Mommies Day Out and I brought back stickers. Well, she offered membership to everyone and when she ran out of her Cow Chip badges she made them. I love that her imagination is still rolling strong at 8 years old and that she included everyone. Grandpa Eddie, Me, Tita and her siblings were members.

1 comment:
Do you get free cookies if your in the cookie club? Sign me up, please! =)
Post a Comment