In Nana's class the 3rd Years (because her class is multi-age...grades 1-3) get to be Teacher of the Day! Today was Nana's day to be the "teacher". She handed out Victory Slips for everyone who passed their spelling/vocab tests. And, sat up with Nancy (her teacher) the whole day. Very exciting. I knew this was a big deal for her so I came at the end of the day to see her.
It is such a special treat to share responsibilities with the Teacher and the 3rd Years take it very seriously. It really grooms them for responsibility when they are in Intermediate (grades 4-6). She was very positive and encouraging towards 1st Years when being the "teacher". It was sweet watching her speak to her classmates, congratulating them with their Victory Slips - I love this positive environment.
Good job, Nanny!
2 comments:
That is such a great idea!
I would have loved that as a 3rd grader! What fun programs they have!!
Post a Comment