Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Nana the Great turns Eight!

Our Nana Banana on her 1st Birthday enjoying my favorite cake in the world, Guava Cake from Kauai Family. I knew it'd probably be one of the last times I would be able to have input on what she liked. Since then, the girl knew exactly what she wanted. Everything from clothes to toys at that age. Her 1st birthday was at the L4's house and we did it Wiggles style because at the time that was her thing. If you know Nana, the girl gets stuck on one thing and rolls with it. Currently, it's Shel Silverstein's poems - he wrote Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up and Nana's favorite A Light in the Attic. She loves Little MissMatched and soccer. I can't believe it was 8 years ago that she came into our lives. She is so special and unique. She loves to have fun and probably lets her responsiblities slide because of it but the girl is a free spirit. We've always let her go to the beat of her own drum and are blown away at her talents and passions!
We love you, Nanny Boat!


Okay, so on to birthday party fun. Nana wrote this journal entry this school year about her ideal birthday party. And, in there she stated she wanted a sleepover with makeovers! She was saying how she had never had one before and thought it would be the best time of her life! I was worried but that all went away when I saw her face when I told her "yes!" I guess I was worried because you never know with girls sleepovers. I've had criers, complainers and drama happen - so I've learned that there is a certain formula to this sleepover business. You have to guide your daughter to invite the girls you know are going to make it fun not stressful! Trust me on this and note it for your kids! :)

Not that I'm opposed to sleepovers...I'm just saying there is a science to mixing the right girls together especially because she was inviting friends from soccer, school and old co-op buddies. Luckily, for us majority played soccer together and the ones who didn't went to the same school with Nana. Whew!

They were a great bunch of girls and Nana Banana had the time of her life. And, really - that's all that matters. Em's Momma, Denise from the C6 helped with all the makeovers so we could quickly move on to the next project. Nana had plans and we did our best to fit them all in a 15 hour period. :) Thanks, Denise!


Happy Birthday, Nana Banana!


Photobucket


We did nails, make up [I don't wear make up so Denise and Husband got a chuckle at my non-existent skills in that department!], decorated mini purses with puff paint and monkey stickers, watched a movie then lights out by 12:02am. That's right! I'm super proud that they were such good listeners.


The highlight was Just Dance! We borrowed the game from the C6's neighbor, PJ but Nana got it for her birthday from the L4 so she was super excited! She loves this game. But, Cotton-Eyed Joe was played at least 30 times, seriously. So, it's kinda banned for a little bit - I'm Cotton-Eyed Joe-ed Out! :) It'll make a come back but I think we need to switch it up for now!




After makeovers, I thought it would be fun to do a runway walk...the girls got into it! I loved it!





Stay tuned for Saturday...I forgot my camera - shocker, right? So, I bummed Denise's - I'll update later. :)

Sunday, we met in Bellevue to have lunch with my family and for Grandma to spoil Nana rotten shopping. Nana wanted Keens for her birthday and with that Grandma let her pick up some snazzy new clothes and accessories. The girl loves to accessorise! The L4, Great Grandma, Grandma, Uncle Tyler [my brother] and my kiddies minus Isa were all there to celebrate! Daddy had a soccer game and my sister, Gabby and Dad were at her dress rehearsal for her big recital!


Photobucket

4 comments:

Nikki said...

That first birthday photo is precious. She hasn't changed a bit! Happy birthday to your baby.

You're brave. I don't know if I could handle all those girls!

Sheree said...

nikki, i was T-I-R-E-D. and i was so happy they were such a good group of girls! :)

rachaelgking said...

Awwww, what a happy day!!! :-)

chefamily said...

I love that pick of her at her first bday! Too cute!

You're right, I did get a good chuckle from your makeovers. The girls all wanted Edmonds green or Lynnwood Blue! haha!

Em had so much fun at Nana's bday!