Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nana Banana's a Star!

Nana Banana has some great things happening lately.

She had a ShareBear Performance with her class. It's their big performance for the year for the Primaries; you have to be in Intermediate to do the school's BIG play. So, for them this is the step before the big league play. Their performance means so much to them. They work so hard for it. I had Chess Club that day so I couldn't run home and [of course] forgot my camera. Grandpa Eddie and Papa had theirs so I'll have to bum pictures and post later. :) Soccer season is back! Nana had her first game yesterday and SCORED a goal! Very exciting for all of us! It's a great way to kick off the season! Daddy was so proud of the Purple Flames! They all played awesome! As coach he missed his indoor game to coach/referee the Purple Flames but it seemed all worth it for him. We appreciate you, Daddy!

She played great defense as Goalie for the Purple Flames!



BOOK BRUNCH

Nana's class has an annual book brunch. They are authors of their story. Their teachers have them research their topic and gather information from their "audience". She chose to write about when she "cracked" her head open. I didn't know what she was going to write about as she wanted it to be a surprise. I was a little taken back because it's not a pretty happy story. We were all very sad for her. BUT she wrote it beautifully. She wrote how I was on the phone when it happened [gotta love that she added that detail!] and immediately hung up when I saw blood. The story was about how her WHOLE family was worried and tried to make her feel better. It was written very well.


The teachers really took time with each child to guide their writing to find their "voice". The students also illustrated their story. Everything was SO well done. After all of their hard work, they served all the parents food.

It was so well thought out and special for the parents and students. What a fun event!





Here she is reading away! She read out loud for all the parents and students in her group. The class was broken up into 4 groups as there is 56 kids in her class made up of 1st-3rd graders. They all did fantastic!


That's Madi screaming a bit in the background - that's why it's a bit wobbly. I was trying to manage Madi so she was semi-quiet for the other readers and video at the same time. Gotta love multi-tasking!



The whole school knows the importance of this project. All the older siblings from Intermediate and Middle School were there to cheer their siblings on! Isa's teacher let her out without hesitation to see her sister read. I brought coloring, snacks, DSes/Gameboys and toys for the kids to keep them "quiet". As quiet as I could...Denise was working in the class down the way so she offered to hang with them while she was working. Thanks, Denise and Pay!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Nana is such a cutie. Love thos purple shin guards. That must've been a traumatic event to warrant a whole assignment. Funny how those things stick with you.

chefamily said...

I'm so sorry that we missed her reading, but it was nice to visit her class. I LOVED her book! That is one to keep 4ever! She's such a sweet♥