Thursday, March 18, 2010

What do you on Half Days?

Because we love the days when our big sissies come home early!

I wrote my Husband a sweet note last night and upon my request [since he pretty much leaves at EXACTLY the same time as us most days] he took the big girlies to school so I could help Dev build.

And, what's building without a little Star Wars movie watching? Yeah, nothing. So, we watched Star Wars I and 1/2 of Stars II before getting the big girls from their half day. YES, it took me all of Stars War I and 1/2 of Star Wars II to finish the ARC-1710 Starfighter - don't judge, when was the last time you put together a Lego ship? I'm obviously not as fast as Daddy but I love to do it and I love that he lets me help him build.

We finished Stars II and ate lunch with the big girlies.


We took a quick snap of him with his ARC-1710 Starfighter on the right (thanks, Grandma + W4) and his Darth Vader ship in his hand on the left (thanks, C6!) before picking up the girls.

We put the barking Kitty down for her nap - if you haven't heard her bark/shriek/whatever it is that she does then you are missing out! Wait, you can probably hear her now....just listen. ::listening:: Yep, that's her. What's that? Your ear's ringing - yep, that's most definitely our barking Kitty. Madi is way into being a barking/shrieking/licking Kitty. We are trying to house train her but it's next to impossible. That Kitty is so unruly. :)

We settled in once Kitty went down for her nap and started watching the Princess and the Frog - it's like Movie Day instead of Movie Night - Isa has play practice until 8:30pm tonight and Nana's going to the C6's house soo...we are having Movie Day + the Redbox demands the movie be back in it's box by 9pm and it's not a deal unless the movie is in the box by 9pm - right, Daddy?




I pretty much love half days. I pretty much love whenever the kiddies are home from school. It's most definitely a treat. We are chillaxin' and enjoying each other [especially with Isa's crazy play schedule - she is diggin' her Lazy Days]. No school tomorrow for the G6ers but play practice for Isa then her first Indoor Soccer Game with her new team on Saturday! WOOT WOOT! More to come...stay tuned.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I didn't know that movie was out yet. Better check it out!

Sheree said...

the kids liked it - they didn't love it - dev headed to lego land 3/4 of the way through.

chefamily said...

I 100% agree! I love half days and love it when the kids are home from school! It's the best!

P.S. Dev is so stinkin' adorable with his Star Wars ships!

P.P.S. The girls pretty much felt the same way about the Princess and the Frog.