Friday, December 7, 2007

Lazy Day

This is a term Isa made up. Lazy Day is a day that my kids don't have to do much of anything. Just the usual clean up their room, make their bed, brush teeth and wash faces but after that's all done (oh yeah and get dressed!) they can lounge around. Lounging to them is watching a movie. No reading or math (as Nana would say "numb-bers"). We don't leave the house; we just hang out. I cherish these days in hopes that may be I get to lounge as well.

Today was excellent. I got up with Madi at 6:30am, put her back down at 7:30am and had the morning to myself. Nana was at her friend's house for a sleepover and Isa had Kendyl over but most importantly, Devin slept in until 10am with the girls! What a treat. I studied, I worked on a secret project for my Mother-In-Law and studied (again-almost DONE!). We did some laundry, played outside, watched Princess Sing-A-Long. Sorry but Devin really enjoys singing with us.

I did the never ending Christmas Card debate. I think it's important but it's kind of an "unnecessary" item. I can post it on here for $0!! Debate and more debates; what to make? If you have suggestions please head them my direction. Nana and I complied a list today of our Holiday baking. I like baking because it's thoughtful and it teaches my kids to GIVE (and be thoughtful).

Here it is:

  • Pumpkin Spice Cake
  • Banana-Walnut Bread
  • Blueberry Crumb Cake
  • Cranberry Scones (my personal favorite)
  • Apple Muffins with Granola Crisp Topping
  • Vanilla Cupcakes
  • White Chocolate Peppermint Bark (Husband says it isn't that good. So, we might re-think that one)

I'm excited to bake with the kids because they get more excited and for me it's less stressful. Every one has a job-even Devin. The greatest thing is after next Tuesday I won't have any stress of school I can focus on them!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Madison in Devin's old Exersaucer.

No comments: