Um, I bascially cry every time my kids have birthdays - what the heck is wrong with me? I swear, I think of them getting older and I panic...did I appreciate this age enough? Did I take enough pictures? Did I forget to blog a moment? I cringe thinking I'm missing something when I'm here every day with them...is that nuts? Probably but I don't care.
My son. My only son. He's turning 5 next Monday and this is the first year he has put in his opinion on what he wants and who he wants to invite. Clearly, he wants to invite the world and clearly Mommy can only handle SO many boys in the house at a time. We edited our list and invited only our very bestest of friends.
Five has brought on new and exciting things for him to look forward to:
a) Kindergarten - he is very interested in school and already loves "his" school he says. He talks about what he wants to take in his lunch and that he'll be fine on the bus with his big sissies. He says that I can pick him up but I should stay in the car (not gonna happen) and he'll walk out to me. I had to crush that dream and let him know...he isn't quite ready to cross the street on his own.
b) Losing teeth, the boy is obsessed with losing his teeth. He swears they're loose now. He says his vampire teeth will stay but the rest will go. He thinks that I love his vampire teeth (because I'm in love with vampires - HA!) so he's making sure he doesn't lose those.
c) Him wiping his own butt. He says when he's 5 he will start wiping his own butt! I know, kinda gross but he's excited!
d) Being taller...he thinks he's going to grow to Nana's size when he turns 5. Not quite - who wants to break it to him that he'll always be short? Anyone? I can't crush that dream.
Well, we love our boy with all of our hearts and are SO excited for him. SO excited. Here comes Five Alive...we're ready! At least he is!
4 comments:
So exciting! I feel the same way I am not ready for the kids to grow up. And it is so true that boys make everything into guns, even Barbie
Awww...You got me all choked up. What a sweet post about your boy! There is something about him that makes everyone migrate to him. He may be short, but his personality makes up for it all! I love that you guys have raised him to play hard when he wants, and also cuddle up with his favorite lovies when he needs it!
I am so not ready for he and Pay to be 5!
Wiping his own butt...hahahaha!
You should know that my Husband wasn't allowed to have any play guns when he was younger and became obsessed with having his concealed weapons permit when he turned 21. He doesn't shoot anything, but I blame his mother.
Happy Birthday Dev!
@carrie: tis is. tis is. i know he is for shizzle, i'm still in a struggle with this. i don't want my boy to get any bigger!
@denise: it's HARD man, they are getting so big...and pay's your youngest so i can only imagine how YOU feel!
@nikki: dude, totally reminds me of big daddy "i wipe my own @ss! i wipe my own @ss!" HA! thanks for the heads up on that - i'm all for it but kinda refuse to buy it myself a present would be a different story...but i see nerf guns in his future because his cousin has one and he was totally diggin' it.
Post a Comment