Thursday, January 14, 2010

Whole Wheat Pound Cake and More...

Soooo, today was productive (woo-hoo for productivity!) for us. I have two sickies home with sniffles and coughs (and the case of the crankies). We dropped our big girls off came home and they read some books while laying out on the couch. They giggled and laughed...oh, where's the picture? Yeah, I was upstairs dusting the back of our bed frame. I haven't done it since October and it was kinda dusty.

I got lots more deep cleaning done while the kids were laid out - moving clothes (outgrown clothes and putting them in bins to hand down to the next child). Taking down our changing pad (now that Madi is potty trained) so I can make better use of space - blah, blah. All things only I think is fun. Seriously.

Then, we got the girls - swooped home and I made these beauties. I was going to make it this morning but I didn't have buttermilk SO we waited until after we got the girls. I was able to swoop up a manager's special $0.69! That topped my already happy day!


Whole Wheat Pound Cake from Joy the Baker. YUM. Dev was a super duper helper! He scrubbed his infectious hands and was the happiest he'd been all day helping me bake and make dinner (finally made Coconut Chicken Fingers).


Tiny was sicky and ate noodles sans chicken with a side of TJ's jello. :) She loves her Baby Cinderella - she carries her everywhere (thanks, Aunty Carla!!). Isa fixed Baby Cinderella's hair...I love how my big girls indulge Madi and play with her.


Mister was gung-ho about working on his homeschool stuff today. We go to Starfalls.com a lot for fun learning games. He read all his books (he is moving up in the BOB series) twice today. Crazy man, he read to me while I was cleaning. He earned all his stickers and got to have icecream this morning (we didn't want to go back out after lunch). McDonald's has kids' cones for $0.30 - I think the real reward was having at it 9:30am.



Poor Nana, this was after dinner and she still hadn't taken her coat off. She was eager to get her first Dictionary worksheets done for Language Arts.

Well, at 8:12pm Daddy is home and trying to eat pound cake before dinner...I better go remind him to set an example.

2 comments:

chefamily said...

sorry to hear the little ones are sick!
Dev is doing amazing with reading! What a star!
I love the look on Nana's face. Total determintation. :)
That pound cake looks delish!

Nikki said...

I don't know how I'm going to tell my kids they can't eat certain things when he does. That pound cake looks awesome. I'm definitely going to try it!

**or maybe not, my word verification is portion. Maybe google is trying to tell me something.