My Isa
is turning TEN. Ten. I don't even know where to begin with my feelings on this...she has been a huge turning point in my life. Huge. I became a mother with her and when she came 6 weeks early I had no idea the kind of pain and worry could directly make me physically sick. I had Pre-Eclampysia with her so she was delivered 6 weeks early due to my pneumonia (which I also had) and the sky high blood pressure. I lived by her hospital incubator in the NICU until they released her. I was sick with worry...they wouldn't let me hold her until I was done with my pneumonia antibiotics. Can you imagine not holding your baby after waiting so long to? Yeah, it was not the highlight of my life...I just had to keep remembering that I had my whole life to hold her.
I remember looking at her so teeny thinking...she was the most amazing little person I had ever seen. I saw strength and fight in her. She was supposed to stay for the full 6 weeks in the hospital but she proved herself strong and her breathing (her lungs were under developed due to her being early) was great. She was sent home 2 weeks later.
My little determined piece of Me. In the last 10 years, she has given us so much joy. No one asks to be the oldest, they just are - right? She takes on her responsiblities of big sister so willingly. She loves her siblings (most times) and is always willing to go above and beyond without being asked. She is proud of her family and rises to the big sister occasion without hesitation. We appreciate her so much.
This year was a huge change for her...new school - new soccer team - new friends and she has shown leadership, growth and adaptablity. She juggles her hectic schedule with determination to succeed. All we have ever wanted to do as parents is see our child be healthy and happy. We are so proud of her and her accomplishments. SO proud. As a Mommy, it makes me sad to see her turn this large milestone...I just want to hold on to everything and learn my balance of letting go. I'm no longer as cool as I think I am (dangit!) and have to give her room to breathe. I still want to cuddle up next her and thank goodness she still lets me! I am enjoying sharing things with her that only her and I share. It makes our relationship unique from the other kids and that's important. All of our kids share a special (and different) bond with both Daddy and me. I think in a family this large, it makes them feel valued. We love each of their unique quirkinesses! It's what makes them ours.
This Friday...she turns 10 and we are planning a surprise party (don't worry, she won't be able to read this until AFTER her party). We have planned a most special weekend, she will not forget. Thank you to all who are participating - see you soon!
Here comes the double digits (wish us luck...)!
4 comments:
Wow. I can't believe you had more children after that experience. But I'm glad you did because they're all beautiful! Can't wait to see the surprised face photos! She will love it.
I MISS YOU!!! Where are you on Twitter, my friend???
As you know, Zoe was born 10 weeks premature. We share 1 more thing in common. ;)
xoxo,
Shey
Wow! Time flies! 10..yikes! She is going to have a blast at her surprise party =-) Your such a great mom and I love that you gush about each one of your kiddies!
You got me in tears! Such a sweet story. I remember seeing you in the hospital after she was born and you never complained once! Everyone was cramped in that little hospital room, and you just smiled and went along with it.
You were so swollen from the pre-eclampsia/hypertension and fluids had been draining from you for hours. I just kept thinking about how scary that must have all been for you.
I'm so glad that everything worked out so beautifully for you and Isa. You would never know that she was a preemie. She is so strong and beautiful. We just adore her!
Post a Comment