After the Tornado's long 2 hour practice the parents pulled up with a BBQ and a spread for the team's families to come and chow down together before the first big game together on Saturday!! It was a great opportunity to meet parents and put faces to names. With 14 girls and 14 families I'll probably still have trouble but this was a great opening to what is going to be a fun season!

I asked them to huddle up in front of the goal and there are about 5 pictures of them rolling on the ground. But finally...

I was not on top of game that night (or the day for that matter) so I took pictures towards the end of the night. There are some girls missing from the pictures. Sorry if your girls are missing!

Sophia brought a wagon and all the little siblings were taking turns riding in it all over the park. It kept my two little ones happy all night long.

Most of the parents gathered by the food chatting. It worked out so well; spouses showed up later that evening to grab dinner and meet the parents. Being a new team this was a perfect way to get to know each other. Our first game is tomorrow morning at 9am...there goes my brillant idea of sleeping in. We have 3 games on Saturday and 1 on Sunday...GO SOCCER!
On a side note: some have asked me...Husband lost his championship game at Starfire this last Wednesday. It was a brutal game. They went into overtime because of an inverted head shot by their own team player into the goal and then the other team shot the winning goal with an upper V (ouch!). They're still champions to us! They worked extra hard. He'll start outdoor this weekend but has to miss it due to Isa's being on the same day and same time. Go, FC Internationle! That's thankfully the only game he'll miss out on.
2 comments:
What a great idea!! So often the parents don't get to know eachother until the end of the season and then it's over!!
P.S. I am still so bummed for our hubbies!!
Shoot maybe I should put a kid in soccer so I can bbq...hmmm. We'll see if that is enough for Bryan to procreate. It just might be!
Post a Comment