Friday, August 21, 2009

Sunshine On My Shoulder...

Makes me happy!! I have been Debbie-Downer lately with the ups and downs of life but my kids have made it easy for me to look at the brigher side. I am lucky to have mini-helpers in my world to make having fun with them easy. We keep the "just keep swimming" attitude around here adapted exclusively from Dory from Finding Nemo.


Madi won't admit this but she loves this bed. She swings on it, climbs through and jumps on it. It's pretty much her BFF except for when it is time to use it for what it's for sleep. BUT, I finally won the battle (who are we kidding the fight is probably not over!). She has taken 2 successful naps (we've had the bed for a week) and 2 night-nights in this bed! Wa-Hoo! When we moved a month ago, we put away the crib ::sigh:: so she's been snuggling with me until we got this bed. She would still creep out and cry at 3-5am but she has gotten up at 7am happy without screaming. Love it!!!



What else makes me happy?





My kids taking my camera and taking pictures...Dev is obsessed with picture taking and he knows to ask first but in fear that the answer may be "no" he'll just jack it from me and take pictures and I won't know until I upload. When I confronted him he said "it's for my blog". ::big smile:: Can't say "no" to that.

He wants all to know that Aunty Mari brought us flowers because we don't have that kind in our yard. Thank you, Aunty Mari for bringing us flowers we don't have in our yard. That was extremely thoughtful. :)



He told me that this one is Isa stuffing her mouth with a banana and that I should know because it's UN-appropriate and she'll choke.

Beaches make me happy; it was a beachy not die of heat and drip of sweat kind of beachy day - my favorite kind of beachy day!



And, Em's Super Sweet Six! Her and Haley are 5 years and 1 day apart. Can we give Denise props here? For the last 6 years she has been planning two birthdays back to back. Shoot, I'm exhausted after one day of birthdays can't imagine having them back to back like that. Seriously, amazing.




Denise brought pizza and we ate lunch before hittin' the sand.


Why we love the beach by our house? The train and ferry boat watching. The kids LOVE it!!


The girls freakin' us out traveling into rough waves - ours are the 3 on the left.



This sea foam is gross but Isa and the girls thought it was cool!


What am I over? This face...it's new since we turned 2. Our pouty-roll-of-the-eyes look, she's too young to start this! She was mad because I denied her snuggle time and told her to play.



I am in love with Mr. Dev Eddie's little face. Even if he's boycotting haircuts and driving me nuts with his way-or-the-highway attitude, I can't resist that little face. Let's face it, I can't resist any of their faces. It's been too much fun having them with me this WHOLE summer (usually they do a day camp for a week and swimming lessons). I'm going to miss them when school starts.


What makes them happy?

Banana Splits. I told them I would make them banana splits but Dev said "I want my banana sliced." So, really it's banana slice.

We ♥ Trader Joe's Midnight Moo Chocolate.

Hope you're enjoying your summer!! The countdown begins...


4 comments:

chefamily said...

This post cracked me up!
We ♥ Trader Joe's Modnight Moo, too!
Thanks again for offering to spend Emma's day with her! She had so much fun!

Nikki said...

Yeah Mom, it's for his blog. Jeez! I love it. I could go for a banana split right about now.

I'm going to have to tell you a wierd story about you and the beach someday. At least I'm pretty certain it was you now that I've seen your kiddos. Creeped out yet ;)

P.S. my word verification is golikerd. Go liquored? Maybe it's my weekend goal..

Sheree said...

totally creeped out...do tell!!

rachaelgking said...

I made that face with the flower vase A LOT when I was growing up... ;-)