Sunday, August 23, 2009

Aunty Janie

This amazing woman is our Aunty Janie. She lives in San Diego so we rarely get to see her. She is Husband's grandpa's sister (say that 5 times). We get to see her every couple years and she is just a hoot! Talk about Diva. She is always so well put together and maintains herself at 88 years old. That's just amazing. She works out, hangs out with friends and is self sufficient. I think Diva-ness must run in the Gibson women's blood because we have a product of Diva-ness ourselves, Madi.

Anyway, she came to visit the last 10 days and we always enjoy hanging out with her. Plus, it is an excuse for all the Gibsons to come together. :)



Aunty Janie left today and yesterday the kids and I went over while the kids were in good moods. Husband had to practice for his outdoor team then go to work so we went over without him. The kids loved yackin' Aunty Janie's ear off and she gave the girls very pretty pins. On the cruise to Alaska 2 year ago, she gave Isa one of her broaches and Isa loved it so much that she brought 2 more one for Isa and one for Nana. Very special to them.

I wasn't over but I told Husband "make sure you get a picture with your Aunty Janie". He said "yeah, yeah." So, to ensure I would get my picture I called Grandpa Eddie (Husband's Dad) and I knew he'd the job done for me! Thanks, Eddie. :)

I have no idea who suggested they look at each other but I love love love Husband's face (can you tell the color difference? I totally know what he was thinking! He was thinking about how much he loves me and my blog!) as some one told them to look at each other! She's too sweet and we'll miss her!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow! I hope I look like that at 88! I love when husbands come through, so refreshing ;)

chefamily said...

Good job G.E. for making sure the pictures were taken!!!
So sweet!