Somehow, this crow fell out of the ginormous trees that are in our yard (and neighbor's yard) and can't fly so it is stuck in our yard hopping about. Well, we shoo-ed away the cat and started nursing the baby crow. The Momma Crow and Daddy Crow (as the kids say) were skawking away...they are so annoying but I can see their distress their baby was being hunted by a cat. I get it. But, we've had war with the crows since we moved here. I'm thinking those crows just like every one else in our neighborhood have been here forever and they are literally these huge beasts that tear up everything and anything my kids leave in the yard. Our slip and slide, our pools, our flip flops - whatever they can get their grubby beaks on. Daddy has proclaimed war against them for the last 3 years but now, we have empathy for them...their baby is stuck in our yard.
We don't know what to do. What do you do with a baby crow? Husband is saying he won't help it because we'll get attacked by the beasts aka crows. But, at the same time we've been on all day surveillance trying to protect it from cats. Hopefully, baby crow will last another night and I hope I find the maybe "dead" bird before they do?!
Now, I'm off to my book club (I have finished two books in one week, Friday Night Knitting Club and Curse of the Spellmans) that's what heat does to you. It makes you unproductive but yet productive intellectually. You take the good with the bad, right?
4 comments:
i lov it is so cute we try to feed it but it won't eat maby it is becuz it eats insects.
my darling daughter, please don't spell "because" becuz you are a better speller than this lovey. :)
It is so sweet that your kids want to take care of the baby crow, but I have to agree with David, stay away from it! The Crows in your neighborhood are big enough to carry Madi away!
I have seen the movie "the birds" and I know you don't want any part of that!
P.S. I too, hope that you find the dead body before they do! How sad it would be if they found it first!
I've never seen a baby crow before! That's pretty exciting. Sad though, I hate animals in distress.
Love Isa's comment. I laughed so hard at your response.
Post a Comment