Oh wait, I'm supposed to be talking about what I'm grateful for not complain more...oops.
I'm Grateful for:
- My husband: I can not tell you how many times I freak out in a day (the daily freak outs are only since we've started packing and the last week of school). Lots. I call him (as busy as he is) and vent for like 5 minutes straight. Yeah, non stop babbling from me about this and that or whatever else and I go on weird tangents. He is the bestest. He always listens and says (simply) "well, it'll all work out" or "I'll help you when I get home". He has always been great about listening to me ramble and just nodding to let me say whatever without giving an opinion (he gives me another perspective most of the time and it's like a light beam on my one track mind). Then he gives me his famous one liner "kloveyoubye". He doesn't even care that he's worked a 40+ hour work week with a 2 hour commute (that's home and back total). He always has my back and musters any energy he has left to put on his daddy hat to get 'er done (baths, diaper changes, a daddy voice of discipline, etc.). How cool is he? He's amazing and always my hero.
- My kids: They are amazing too. They played outside from 3-6:30pm today and yesterday. All of them. Peacefully might I add. They were amazing. I got some stuff done and was so proud of them. They are the greatest kids. If I say "I'm stressed girls and boy, can you help a Momma out?" they are always so game. Okay, Madi isn't but the rest of them are (even my Mister). Most of the time they can help me out without fighting in the process but I can't get mad over them fighting over who is going to help me first, can I?
- Where we live: it rocks. It brightens my day to drive by water and forestry every day. It is so beautiful. I love this area and would never want to leave our little city.
- Friends: I have amazing friends around here who are always willing to give an extra hand. I'm super lucky to have them. They listen to me babble (sometimes on a daily basis) and are so good to my kids offering to play with them or watch them so I can get my big list of ish done. C6, I think we'll owe for you an eternity. Denise, if your ear aches - my apologies. You're the best. Thank you for all you've done for our family. A4, you guys are great neighbors and we're lucky (and sad to lose you as neighbors) to have you in our lives. It makes life easy when we share the carpooling. S7, if not for you - my Tuesday afternoons would be unproductive so thank you ALL! O4, you guys are always so great with my Nana and appreciate your help during the soccer seasons. N4, thank you for feeding me all my favorite treats and listening to my babbles. I can go on and on; all of you guys are great and we are so grateful! Thank you, friends!!
- Family: Our family members rock. I can not express how happy it makes me when I walk into my Mom's house and smell her yummy bundt cake that she baked just because she knows I'm coming. Or to have my dad surprise me with a car wash -truly brightens my day. All of them, seriously they are all so willing to help out to do what they can for us. Grandpa Eddie is a rockstar. I could not survive soccer games with Husband coaching without G.E. to help me. Plus the kids adore him anyway, so I usually have to pry them off of him. Our soccer families asked us all season long "where's G.E.?" on our weeknight games - we have to explain he lives 45 minutes away so weekday games are almost impossible to get to for him. He was there for every one of Dev's soccer games to see him score his first and last goal this season was truly a treat for Dev to have G.E. there. Kae and Kurt always make an effort to make sure they hang with our little ones to give me a break during the day at least once a month. I'm lucky to have them.
Aww, just acknowledging them makes me feel like I can tackle my disgusting floor that I've stared all day in my hustle and bustle. I have had neighbor friends and my kids (+ daddy and me) running through my house since yesterday so my kitchen floor is disgusting. If I have to wake up to tomorrow and see I might "barf" myself. It's my OCD talking...but I do seriously...8 kids tromping through your kitchen is sicknast. I gave up yelling "take OFF your shoes" because their bare feet were just as gross.
Husband is home and we're going to tackle our list of stuff to do + deal with a hole in a tire on our van. Gotta love construction zones!! He is going to take our van in tomorrow morning because A. he doesn't trust that I will just get tires because I'm a push over and fall for whatever they're selling if I think it'll keep us safe B. it's a hassle with the kids C. because he loves me.
4 comments:
Awww! Thanks!
That is the sweetest post!
We appreciate all that you guys do for us too! I think our friendship works out pretty well for all of us, don't you?
most definitely...we are lucky to have each other.
sheree i have no doubt if you asked your husband and children the first thing they would be grateful for is YOU!
andrea, that is the nicest comment! :)
Post a Comment